Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best oil to run in the front and rear diff of an 09 rzr s im going riding on sunday and the dealership is closed on sat and the diff is already drained is there any special additives in the polaris gear oil that would have to make me run it ?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Front diff: This stuff is a little oddball, but you can use Amsoil shock therapy #5 light oil.

Rear diff: You're talking the one between the two rear axles, right (and not that one hidden up in front of the gearbox). For the rear diff, just use synthetic 75W90 gear oil.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there another brand of oil i can use for the front i cant get amsoil where i live and also what can i use for the transmission ?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Looking at that post I would not run 75-90 gear oil in the front diff, in fact I wouldn't run anything but the demand drive fluid. That stuff is really thin,
John

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have ran type F trany fluid in the older hilliard clutch set ups and it works fine but I would change it out when you could get to a dealer and get the demand drive fluid just to be safe. good luck

·
Registered
328 Posts
Demand drive fluid is just a hydraulic fluid with a fancy name. ATF is a hydraulic fluid, its all about the viscosity of the fluid. Gear lube does not qualify as a hydraulic fluid and using 75W-90 or similar is using a lube that is 10x thicker that what is required. The hub needs a lighter fluid, less than a 10wt.

Speaking strictly using AMSOIL

In the front hub, use only the (ATFQT) Muliti-vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid, not the Dexron VI low viscosity. Shock Therapy used to be recommended years ago. They no longer recommend the shock therapy since they improved their ATF. about 5 yrs ago

Rear Axle use (SVGQT) 75W-90 Severe Gear Lube

Transmission use (TCCBE) Series 2000 Chaincase Lube

Transaxle (trans and axle in one unit) use (TTCBE) Series 2000 Chaincase Lube

AMSOIL synthetic-powersports-atv-utv-oil

I am an expert (in my own mind) on what AMSOIL lubes to use to replace oem fluids.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts