Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys..... I have a right rear axle seal that is leaking just a little.... not so much that is dripping on the ground..... but enough that it has left a dirty ring around the CV.....

My question is...... is the seal easily swapped out? Pryed out with a screw driver and tapped back into place with a socket?

And if the seal is not leaking that badly.... should I bother changing it out?

I'll take any advice on the issue. Thanks

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
if its lot leaving drops its normall a slight wet with dust is ok but if its leaving drops on the frame time to replace...early 08s had a bad seal the new ones are a red color and yesa their easy to change......take tire off ...remove top hub bolt and you can get the cv out no need to remove it from hub i was able to do both on mine this way tight but doable

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Rear seals are a piece of cake.Takes more time to get the axle out.I wouldn't use a screwdriver,they come out very easy.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.... I already have the whole suspension out..... so the seal is sitting right there looking at me..... I am gonna order one up and swap it out!

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
doesnt get any easyer than that...lol look and see if yours are black or red...if black you needed to change....lol

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mine are red..... and I don't think it is leaking that badly..... I kinda just don't want it to become an issue.... I'll call the local dealer and see if they have one in stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts