Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sparks, Now that the Dobeck is out for the 2015 xp 1k. Have you guys had a chance to get any numbers with your exhaust and fuel controller?
Not yet, we prefer to use the Power Commander platform, and we are still waiting to get our hands on one of them. We will keep you guys up to date as this progresses.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sparks, Now that the Dobeck is out for the 2015 xp 1k. Have you guys had a chance to get any numbers with your exhaust and fuel controller?
Not yet, we prefer to use the Power Commander platform, and we are still waiting to get our hands on one of them. We will keep you guys up to date as this progresses.
Do you think Power Commander will bypass/delete the factory narrow band o2 like Dobeck has done. I guess they would since the devices use their own wide band o2?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do you think Power Commander will bypass/delete the factory narrow band o2 like Dobeck has done. I guess they would since the devices use their own wide band o2?
Fundamentally bypassing or tricking the factory sensor is the only way to override the factory tuning in the zones where the factory O2 sensor is active. No modern tuning platforms use narrow band sensors, so no tuning platform will use it in any way, with or without the use of their own wide band.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Oufreud,

Still waiting on a review--would love to hear your thoughts on this kit. Still deciding on either the Sparks stage 2 or Alba 2 stage ( or now the stage 3 ) kit just released. Have had luck with both Alba & Sparks before on my ATV & Rhino in the past making this a not so easy decision.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys looks like a lot of great info here. I'm looking at either the stage 1 or 2 performance package from Sparks for my XP4 900. I'm not into racing but do want the best combination of performance and durability.

I trail ride, go to Glamis, Ocotillo Wells. Is it better to go with the Stage 2 kit or stick with the stage 1 kit?

How difficult is installing the kit(s) yourself being a desk jockey but have a decent mechanical sense?

There's a local shop here in Corona Ca that would install it for a decent price. I think 200 to 300 bucks.

Also are there any discounts available for these kits?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks CB,

I see you have brought your brand of careful, thorough testing to another forum.
(CB is a highly trusted figure in the boat forums)

Great posts, glad I went with Sparks.

Uncle Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Probably a dumb question, but the '15 XP1K has an O2 sensor. Do I have to buy the full system and a programmer since it has that O2 sensor?

·
Shop # 866-444-0011
17 Posts
I have a question for RZR_Racer725. How can you say that a big bore 900 works differently than a 1000. You can't change The law of physics. A bigger motor is going to require a better exhaust!! Now when it comes to the 900, (you should be saying) the stock cylinder head is the limiting factor when you go to the big bore kit. If you don't have a good port job done, I can see what you are saying can be a problem. Because of the small intake port,(on my flow bench the stock 900 intake port flows 215 cfm), A big bore kit is not the best way to go. Also the exhaust needs work too, because in stock form The 1000 flows better than the 900, even though the 1000 has smaller exh valves. Once the head is opened up and you get the intake and exhaust working right, a bigger pipe will work better. ( I get out of my 900 head 306 cfm intake, and 236 exhaust.) with those #'s a better flowing 1000 style exhaust, would be beneficial. A motor is a big air pump, The more air you get in and out, the better the power

41 - 53 of 53 Posts