Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts
Hey Guys,

Here's a picture of an installed system. Let me know if you have any questions! And, a link to the info on our site: X-6 Stainless Steel Exhaust System, Polaris 2014- RZR 1000 XP/ XP4

Is there one like this for the 900? Is the plumbing on a 1000 exhuast bigger in diameter than a 900 exhaust? It looks bigger in the pics.
No, our 900 system is a 2-into-1. Yes, The diameters and tune lengths are completely different from the 900 to 1000 system.
Maybe an exhaust like the 1000 for the 900 guys with big builds would be good? You would think there is something to be gained over your standard 900 exhaust on say a 1000 cc plus build.

Is there one like this for the 900? Is the plumbing on a 1000 exhuast bigger in diameter than a 900 exhaust? It looks bigger in the pics.
No, our 900 system is a 2-into-1. Yes, The diameters and tune lengths are completely different from the 900 to 1000 system.
Maybe an exhaust like the 1000 for the 900 guys with big builds would be good? You would think there is something to be gained over your standard 900 exhaust on say a 1000 cc plus build.
We've done a lot of exhaust testing on big bore 900s, and they still prefer the current setup we offer.

We've done a lot of exhaust testing on big bore 900s, and they still prefer the current setup we offer.
I still don't see how a 1000 can benefit from this design and a let say an 1100 cc 900 not benefit from it? Am I missing something here?

I still don't see how a 1000 can benefit from this design and a let say an 1100 cc 900 not benefit from it? Am I missing something here?

I understand what you're saying. Let me restate my answer in more detail. There are several reasons related to flow dynamics that dictate what I given engine or situation will call for. I will agree that something 1,100cc could benefit from revised head pipe. Depending on the situation, meaning porting design, valve diameters, and cam profile which all play a roll in the scavenging rate and reversion rate. Also, pipe diameter and tune length can result in big gains in places in the rpm range which are not useful or unrealistic rpm ranges and may not make monumental changes in peak power (sweat spot on the power curve). At extreme engine sizes like 1,100cc, it really turns into a build specific situation. I will say, at least the way we build engines, we have used that pipe on 1,050cc bore only and 1,110cc big bore strokers and the both run very well with that pipe with no notable change with a head pipe revision. I hope this gives a better explanation.

I understand what you're saying. Let me restate my answer in more detail. There are several reasons related to flow dynamics that dictate what I given engine or situation will call for. I will agree that something 1,100cc could benefit from revised head pipe. Depending on the situation, meaning porting design, valve diameters, and cam profile which all play a roll in the scavenging rate and reversion rate. Also, pipe diameter and tune length can result in big gains in places in the rpm range which are not useful or unrealistic rpm ranges and may not make monumental changes in peak power (sweat spot on the power curve). At extreme engine sizes like 1,100cc, it really turns into a build specific situation. I will say, at least the way we build engines, we have used that pipe on 1,050cc bore only and 1,110cc big bore strokers and the both run very well with that pipe with no notable change with a head pipe revision. I hope this gives a better explanation.
Thanks for breaking it down for me. I would be all over an exhaust setup like the 1000 for my 1100 cc 900 but it seems i just might have to settle for your 900 exhaust. I will be running your cams with this setup. I have everything for the motor except the cams. Should be ordering soon.

Thanks for breaking it down for me. I would be all over an exhaust setup like the 1000 for my 1100 cc 900 but it seems i just might have to settle for your 900 exhaust. I will be running your cams with this setup. I have everything for the motor except the cams. Should be ordering soon.

We can knock a large diameter pipe out if you would prefer it. Might take a week or two to build. We are ridiculously busy right now.

We can knock a large diameter pipe out if you would prefer it. Might take a week or two to build. We are ridiculously busy right now.
That's good to know. I will inquire about it when I call for the cams. Thanks

Just curious....what's the AFR on an all stock XP1000 at WOT at max RPM?

I am wanting to purchase a slip-on exhaust on a stock XP1000 without having to re-clutch or tune...which is a better set-up between Sparks Racing slip-on vs. Alba slip-on?
You are not "required" to tune or install a clutch kit with our slip-on, but a couple things to note are you will limit the benefits of the slip-on by not installing a tuner, this is from an ignition and fuel stand-point. Also, the clutching on the stock XP1K leaves a ton of room for improvement, so I would suggest not taking the that option off the table from a performance perspective.

Ordered my stage 2 kit today Brandon. Travis was helping me and was great. He wasn't sure about the forum discount and was going to ask you about that. Awesome customer service can't wait till I get this installed! ! Thanks again.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.