Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking here for several months and am finally ready to throw down on a rzr. My nearest dealership has a 2010 Orange Madness and a Black 2011. $13,200 OTD, my choice. Is this a good deal? Isn't there a price difference between the two years? or was that for some base model? I'm torn and confused, and sick of over-thinking this damn thing. Suggestions appreciated.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Wow, those are both excellent machines! You can't go wrong with either one, get the one you like for looks better or if you resell your toys quickly (within a year or two)a newer one will return ya few more bucks normally.

Good luck and welcome to the RZR world.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I'd go with the newer model simply because Frank has one.....:ride:

No, really, it does have a few new things I wish I had and I like the black better than the orange...but that's just me.

Can't go wrong with either though...maybe you could beat them up on the price of the 2010 ? :rollfinger:

·
Registered
918 Posts
They should not be the same price. Polaris has a rebate to dealer program on all 2010 models.

I would get the 2011 with out thinking twice. Many subtle improvements that make a rather large difference. IMO

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ended up picking up my black 2011 S last week and took it out all weekend to the dunes. Having crossed paths with a few orange 2010's, in my opinion the black looks MUCH better. Even though initially I wasn't terribly excited about the extended range of the 2011's, I can say that I really was impressed with the gas mileage. Over all, I had more fun than should be legal and I don't think you'll be disappointed either way, but prices being the same, I'd take the 2011 any day.

Oh, and I got some heavy glove box usage all weekend :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
I can't believe how many people care about color. Color is always changeable.
Also, you may want to consider that the 11's just came out and wait to see what type of problems they have. I know buying brand new is nice and it has a warranty but look at ppl with the 2010's and their trannies locked up.
Not to mention if you bought a 10 with low hrs on it you would probably save several thousand dollars. Either that or buy a 10 for the same price but it would be loaded with extras.
I think finding a 2010 w/low hours would not be much of a challenge. Say under 40 hrs,they would have had it long enough to realize any major probs like a tranny but 40 hours is just broken in,ready to go.....
Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
819 Posts
Whatever choice you make. it will be a good and fun one. I would try to argue a lower $ on the 2010 even with the rebate. BTW, what is the rebate? WWW says up to $1200.
Dealer told me rebate is $500.

·
Desert Rat
2,149 Posts
Yeah color is changeable, but you'll spend anywhere from $1,000 to $1,500 for a good paint job, so why not get the color you want when you buy it? Personally, I'd tell that dealer that if he was going to charge me the same for a 2010 or a 2011, the 2010 had better have a bunch of option parts on it. As far as problems with the 2010, I haven't had one issue with mine, zip, zero, nada, and the 10 and 11 drive lines are basically the same with the exception of the fuel injection change and adding some sensor for temps, etc. What I don't understand is why Polaris didn't upgrade their safety belt system, but oh well.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Whatever choice you make. it will be a good and fun one. I would try to argue a lower $ on the 2010 even with the rebate. BTW, what is the rebate? WWW says up to $1200.
Dealer told me rebate is $500.
I got the 10 last week and was told that the rebate was $300 on the S. I had the dealer find me a wht one. The reason I went with the 10 is all the bugs should be worked out and all the after market parts are already developed. I just did not see enough differences in the 11. I would have liked to wait for the mid-year bigger motor but most of my riding is slow trail riding not a big need to faster than 60 mph.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.