Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
have u had any binding? i am getting slight binding in the front with the RDC and RT medium rates. only by a 1/2" i just ordered limit straps to help this....

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I didn't have any binding with the lift, I checked that when I installed the lift. Your 2011 has the smaller cv's and that maybe the culprit. I actually am not even running the lift anymore, I got up with Andy about the springs. We discussed this and that and this and that and thiss............ so on and so forth until we decided for my riding style that no lift and heavy rate springs would be the best. I hate to say it because the RDC lift worked flawless but I have never been happier with my rzr's handling. I recently met a guy here local that custom builds track bike shocks and mx shocks and he wants to get his hands one mine. I watched him work on some shocks at his shop one day and decided he was the guy for me, he is as picky about his work as me. Also I did a before and after test ride on his track bike and he really impressed me. He rode with me in my rzr at my house and hopped out with his screw driver and tuned what I had (just the factory compression damp.) and really got it tuned in. So my plan is to let him loose with the rzr and shocks. I will have high speed, low speed, rebound, and his new special tuning that he does for inbetween. I guess I will be the tester for this, he is hoping that I will be able to drum him up some more business with the local guys that I ride with around here.

I personally am excited to try this out and if it doesn't work out he is going to build me some custom shocks with triple rates free of charge. So even if it doesn't work out I have absolutely nothing to lose!!!!! Will try to remember to keep this thread upto date, or create a new one.

KCCO!!!!

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
No problems here with my racer tech 2 inch lift. Just perfect. !!!:devil3::
Take it to a MX track then check it out, I don't wish anyone bad luck but I would be surprised if you don't find something. I would advise anyone to check their lifts if they ride their machines hard. Maybe I got 2 faulty lifts, maybe I am hard on equipment, maybe it is bad luck........ Hell I don't know what it is but one thing I can say is that I was as hard on the RDC lift as I was anything else and it looked like new when I removed it. It has been on my buddies 50" with the front sway bar removed for 6 rides at coal creek, black mountain, and the local MX track and it still looks great.

I hope your RT lift works and you never have problems, I still run RT products and never had a cross word to Andy about the lift failure and never will. His products are top notch otherwise I wouldn't rock them in my signature.............

·
Registered
9 Posts
My machine was used for the 1st one made. So I guess you can say that I have had more time to test lol. I ride deep mud (water over the steering wheel deep). Running 29.5" Terminators with the RDC lift. Only issue I had, broke both rear axles in the spring driving on ice covered swamps. Upgraded both rear axles to DHT Outlaws and been running deep mud log infested stumpy waters and no issues since. Have driven through things that the machine should not have driven out. Paul was great to deal with as we'll as his wife.

·
Registered
587 Posts
My machine was used for the 1st one made. So I guess you can say that I have had more time to test lol. I ride deep mud (water over the steering wheel deep). Running 29.5" Terminators with the RDC lift. Only issue I had, broke both rear axles in the spring driving on ice covered swamps. Upgraded both rear axles to DHT Outlaws and been running deep mud log infested stumpy waters and no issues since. Have driven through things that the machine should not have driven out. Paul was great to deal with as we'll as his wife.
Thank you!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have had a RDC lift on my S for 500 + km with no problem all hard bush trails & over 30" deep ruts in muskeg crossing rivers etc. No problem I have recommended RDC to anyone that asks.
10446484_10152132658330986_5831681547378295550_n.jpg

Love the stance now Thanks RDC.

·
BMF D-C
380 Posts
I have a 2010 RZR-S with stock Fox shocks and running Makin Trax springs, will this lift work ok with that suspension set up?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a 2010 RZR-S with stock Fox shocks and running Makin Trax springs, will this lift work ok with that suspension set up?

Mine is a 2013 stock. No running 30" tires.
Being springs different cannot see a problem on yours.

·
BMF D-C
380 Posts

So, you are running 30" tires? I have the stock Maxxis Bighorns on there, but might put some bigger on for more ground clearance.

·
Registered
67 Posts

Yes 30" Zillas measure 29"
Have 17" front & 16 1/4" rear clearance. No cv problems.
See sig. pic.

So, you are running 30" tires? I have the stock Maxxis Bighorns on there, but might put some bigger on for more ground clearance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would really like to run different spring but cannot find dealers in Canada & shipping is just about as much as springs for Racer tech springs.

·
BMF D-C
380 Posts
Not familiar with Racer tech springs, but I'm extremely pleased with Makin Trax. I have Steve, from Makin Trax suspension, phone # in CA if u want it. I can PM it to u if u like. They are a one piece progressive spring based on your machine and rider total weight, terrain u ride, and what kind of performance u want. I love these springs compared to stock, night and day. I had some on my 2011 4 seater and sent my Fox shocks back to Braynerd, MN to fox racing and had a rebound adjustment setting installed on all 4 shocks for $700 shipped. Gonna do that for my 2010 RZR-S stock Fox shocks also. With the rebound adjustment and Makin Trax springs was basically like having a stage 3 shock, was amazing. I got my 4 seater springs (400's n the back, and 350's in the front) for $400 shipped. When I bought my RZR-S, Steve let me swap them for smaller springs for the price of shipping, he's awesome to deal with

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the factory springs cranked pretty hard would really like the stock ride back. Need to look into rebound dampening as well. Work in progress. As money provides.

·
BMF D-C
380 Posts
Well I can tell you this from experience my friend. Unless u wanna spend upwards of $1600+ on aftermarket shocks (and thats the low end ballpark) the refurbed Fox Podiums at the Fox racing shop in MN ($700/4shocks) and the Makin Trax Springs ($400/4), for about $1100 total your ride will be night and day I promise you that. If anything, if you just do alot of backwoods and trail riding, I would get the Makin Trax springs at a minimum, you will not believe the difference they make, its amazing. I got the rebound setting because it helped me get rid of the mule kicking on my 4 seater when I would jump it at the dunes. And it helps in the trails also, but the springs really made a noticeable difference. They did on my 2 seater also. I rode my RZR-S twice before I put my exchanged springs on because Steve was waiting on some spacers to come in for my different shocks on the 2 seater. After I got the spacers and put the springs on I was blown away again at the difference. Alot smoother and more stable.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts