Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had problems with almost every lift kit that I have ordered/installed, so I decided to scrap my current setup and search for one to suit my needs. After talking with Paul at Rubberdown Customs, nice guy by the way, I decided to give his newly design rzr s 2" lift a shot. Shot a pm or two his way and after a little conversation I had one on the way.

Well the lift arrived today and first out of the box impressions were impressive. The lift is heavy appears to be overkill, which is what I like about it.

Pic of thickness:

I mic'd the thickness and it was .272" so I imagine the powder coat is the extra thickness over the .250.

On to the install, WOW can you say easy. I am what you would consider mechanically inclined and this lift only took me 10 mins to install, the EMP lift I installed took a little over 1 hr, and the Racertech lift took right at 1h 30m. So this was a pleasant surprise.

Link to install instructions:

RDC RZR S Lift Installation

Pics of brackets and shocks inplace:
Front:

^^^^ I know it looks like the shock nut is touching the cross brace, but it is not.

Rear:

*Note
-There is absolutely no binding of any cv joint on the whole rzr
-With the way the spacers for the shock portion of the mount are designed it eliminates the looseness slop that any rzr has on the bolt/Shock bushing.

Measurements:

Pre lift w/racertech dual rate springs:

1/2" preload front
3/4" preload rear

Front height measured at bottom of bumper was 12.125"
Rear measured under the lowest part of the hitch 10.875"

After Lift with racertech dual rates and same shock settings above:

Front height measured at bottom of bumper was 14.375"
Rear measured under the lowest part of the hitch 13.125"

Yes these number were taken after a quick ride around the field.

Ride quality and overall impression of the lift and spring combo:

It was poring the rain tonight and hope to get a better chance to ride it tomorrow night, but the little bit I rode in the field it feels to be spot on with the racertech lift/spring combo that I removed. I will further test the lift over the weekend and report back. As of right now I am completely satisfied with the way it turned out. The install was easier that anything I have installed on my rzr to date. I accomplished my desired ride height without having to crank the preload on my shocks. If I had to nit pick on anything it would have to be the scratches on the powder coat from shipping, there were very minor but I had to find a little something you know.....

Crappy pics in the basement, like I stated above it was poring the rain outside so I had to leave it in.

Pics:

I will take better pics and provide a better review on ride quality when its not raining outside.

:rzrs::pint::rzrs:

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Didn't get to go ride this weekend like I wanted but the rain stopped and I was able to ride around the house. This lift is great, it feels just as plush with the medium rate dual rates installed. No bottoming out and no bucking of the rear with my current setup. I believe I am going to remove .25" of preload from the rear shocks.

Tapatalk2

·
leatherman
145 Posts
Yougrzrsboy, what problems have you experienced with the other lift kits to make you remove them and try the Rubberdown version? Seems there are quite a few happy users of the Racertech and I have not heard any negative comments on any lift kit. I have been reading as much as I can find to figure out if a 2" lift is the way to go for me and which version works best. I figured any of them will do the job but now you have me curious to why you changed.

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't want to start a brand bash here, but both other brands I mentioned in my post I have bent/broke either the front or rear portion of the lift. This rubberdown lift sure seems to be the ticket. It is thick and heavy!

Tapatalk2

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Awesome nice write up. I cant wait to put mine on. Once work slows down i am installing. Im working 7-12's now....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome nice write up. I cant wait to put mine on. Once work slows down i am installing. Im working 7-12's now....

Shew that's rough. Hope your hourly and not salary.

When you get you lift installed post here what you think. That way we will have some more opinions.

Tapatalk2

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Yeah its hourly so i cant complain too much. More hours more money...

Yes i will def do the same as u and post my opinion and pics. Really excited and wanna install it. I had it powder coated orange to match my orange madness. It looks awesome!

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah its hourly so i cant complain too much. More hours more money...

Yes i will def do the same as u and post my opinion and pics. Really excited and wanna install it. I had it powder coated orange to match my orange madness. It looks awesome!

Look forward to seeing what you come up with as well as how it looks on your machine. Are you using factory shocks and springs?

Tapatalk2

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I also have RT dual rates

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
sorry what was that? i am having a hard time reading ur post, i cant keep my eyes off ur avatar!

yeah it would be cool to see what others do with similar setups

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
i actually havent put them on yet. they will be goin on when i do the lift

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Small update.

I appear to have gained about .75" of travel over the emp lift with this new lift. For those of you that don't know a lift that re angles the shocks will reduce the amount of travel the suspension has. With the emp lift I was only able to get about 10.50" of travel in the front. With RDC's setup I am back up to 11.25" of travel. I will trade .75" of travel for the extra clearance and better suspension geometry. But 1.5" is too much imo. I only rode for about 30 mins at home today and I really like the ride. Better update to come after I finally do a weekend ride.

Here are a few pics of playing around with the new setup. Lift/wheel and tire.

Tapatalk2

1 - 20 of 37 Posts