Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 2010 rzrs i got a rattling noise comeing from the engine area and i have no clue what it is, i heard it was the heat shilds on the exuast but i took them off and still rattles. im wounderin has anybody had this issue with there rzrs and or what could it be, what should i look at?

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
it is probably the rear brakes.
put your foot on the brakes and see if the rattle stops.
if it is, you can adjust the slop out with an allen wrench, just don't make them too tight.

also make sure it isnt the OS bar clip.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is probably the rear brakes.
put your foot on the brakes and see if the rattle stops.
if it is, you can adjust the slop out with an allen wrench, just don't make them too tight.

also make sure it isnt the OS bar clip.
thanks ill look at that, anything else, i know when im in gear low or high and give it gas and get it goin good i will hear it rattlin and im not sure if its suppost to have a rattlin sound or if its suppost to sound smooth

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when mine was stock it had a exhaust shield vibration at about 2500 rpm.
i took the exhaust shields off and it still had the rattlein sound, i was told that the exhuste heat shields might be the problem but it must be somethin else

·
Registered
31 Posts
take your seats out, remove the plastic access panel, put rzr in neutral and give gas to acheive rattle..while rattling grab hold of shaft and see if the rattle goes away. I'm experiencing this issue now. Going to dealer to see what can be done.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
take your seats out, remove the plastic access panel, put rzr in neutral and give gas to acheive rattle..while rattling grab hold of shaft and see if the rattle goes away. I'm experiencing this issue now. Going to dealer to see what can be done.
I'LL look at that and see if that is it, let me know what the dealer does about ur issue in case I have the same problem thanks

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
It sounds like he said his drive line was making his noise....side note their is a grease zero on driveline. Lack of lube could make noise....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same noise. on the same yr & model Thanks for the possible clues. How about the free wheeling while descending long downhill grades? any way to keep the clutch engaged with low rpm's?

·
Registered
446 Posts
my 2011 makes this sound i think..... it comes from around the belt housing when i am slowing down its really loud... in fact im almost positive it is coming from there but dont know why

·
Registered
12 Posts
2011 RZR4 with 250 miles with all the services up to date. Greased regularly. The Drive line raddle just started this weekend. I have been trying to find the raddle for 2 days. Checked belt it is good with normal noise in that area in park.
The noise starts at about 10MPH on all surfaces and as we go faster the noise gets louder. Checked and greased drive shaft okay.
Any idea on what to try next or buy 4 packs of ear plugs LOL.

·
Registered
880 Posts
2011 RZR4 with 250 miles with all the services up to date. Greased regularly. The Drive line raddle just started this weekend. I have been trying to find the raddle for 2 days. Checked belt it is good with normal noise in that area in park.
The noise starts at about 10MPH on all surfaces and as we go faster the noise gets louder. Checked and greased drive shaft okay.
Any idea on what to try next or buy 4 packs of ear plugs LOL.
is it speed related or rpm?

·
Registered
12 Posts
RPM related. As the RPM go up it gets louder. The noise starts at about 10 MPH pulling out slowly or moderate speed. The noise does not stop until you stop. One of the post I read said they put RVT in the splines of the U joints. I took the skid plates off and greased all the fitting we will ride tomorrow to see if that helps with the noise.
Not sure if I would try the RVT.
Any other thoughts of what to try would be great!
Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Has anyone found a solution to this rattling problem? mines an 11 s and its had a vibration/rattling noise since day 1. i thought it was normal until i rode a differant one at the dealer, that one was nice and quiet. almost sounds like rattely exhaust srings or something.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts