Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever test the rate of the stock springs on a standard RZR? I need one spring to be a higher rate than the other three but I have no way to test them.

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Are you riding with a 300+ lb friend like I do sometimes?? hahaha
I could be wrong but it makes since....if you go to oem parts finder for the front it says 100# in the part number or description. It doesn't have a # for the rear but I am guessing it is 150.
If you check out some progressive rate springs I think they bring your front up to 150 and rear to 200 or 225.....if you just want one springs check out superatv.com but you may want to think about upgrading all 4 to progressive rate in which case you could check out Makin Trax Suspension UTV Shocks

·
Registered
350 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I added a rear seat to my rzr and need some more springs in it. I'm 6'7" 260 so i need something just for my weight!! LOL. I was thinking about 150 front and 225 rear. I will only have 2 kids 110lbs total kids + 100 for the rear seat and rool bars.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No passenger. Just me in the seat. I need a higher rate spring for the right front. I am TT racing And most of the turns are left turns. If I stiffen up the right front it shouldn't roll over so hard in the corners. 150# should be heavy enough to do the trick. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I added a rear seat to my rzr and need some more springs in it. I'm 6'7" 260 so i need something just for my weight!! LOL. I was thinking about 150 front and 225 rear. I will only have 2 kids 110lbs total kids + 100 for the rear seat and rool bars.
We have Progrssive springs that work really well for the 4 seat conversions. But I suggest raising your front rates also. Stock spring rate are too soft for even the stock standard. That is why they have so much preload needed to hold the car up even for the short time the stock springs do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts