Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know it's not a RZR cage but it's done by the best shop I know of in Henderson, H Town Performance. Thanks Dale for a great job.

Here it is in all it's glory, the 2010 Polaris Ranger XP. Probably the best looking one around that I know of, I've looked and haven't seen any that come close to this.

Top notch all the way around.

Before (lame looking except for the light bar that did come from H-Town courtesy of Chris).

THE BUILD:

Full Radius cage
Twisted Stitch Rear 52" Bench seat
Crow padded 5 point harnesses in rear
PRP 3" 5-point padded belts up front
Locking Suicide doors (Will have to post a video on how they close and lock)
Aluminum Roof (1 piece)
Aluminum Door skins
Utilized factory front seat and headrests in build (using factory brackets)
Detachable rear utility storage for Dual 5 Gallon Fuel jugs and a cooler.

FINISHED PRODUCT

After we got the 1/2 windshield on there for some protection while in Utah.

ACTION SHOT

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Bad Ass Ranger. There is something about those that I really like!!!!

Sent from the Thunderbolt 4g lte

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....Yeah, it's just got a look to it now that's off the charts. Lightbar from tribal whips is coming next to liven up that front bumper a bit then we need some sound system in it. I wish they had more engine stuff for this thing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It definitely could use a stiffer set of springs on it though. It's a lot of cage on there.

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
Looks great.

I've always liked Rangers.....especially the newer ones. If I didn't like going fast so much, I'd be all over one (I like the Crew also).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear ya about the going fast thing. Other then the turbo setup for these things I haven't seen much motor options out there. A RZR in the future would be great though.

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
I didn't mean that as a slam, btw. I really do like Rangers, it's just common knowledge that one is faster than the other. If I was willing to slow it down a bit and cruising the trails was more my thing, I'd have a Ranger in my garage yesterday. I especially like the pickup bed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would love a long travel (mid travel) kit for sure.

But no way on earth will I run the stock shocks. These things are horrible. I need way more compression with this beast now that it has the full cage. Rebound isn't bad, probably because the stock springs aren't strong enough to push the body back up, haha! Anyway, thanks for the link to the mid travel kit.

PS: I still think my XP looks better (All in good fun).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We hit that jump with 4 of us in it and never once bottomed out. Had enough forward movement to soften the landing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The still photos looks way better then a video for sure. Next to come will someday be a long travel kit and some better shocks for sure (maybe in a year or two, who knows).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts