Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Rampage vs Carnivore

46K views 52 replies 21 participants last post by  liveanddrive 
#1 ·
Anybody run both of these tires? Looking for some feedback. I can get the rampages today, carnivore seem to be on back order... Carnivore was my original choice.

#2 ·
Looking at the Rampage as a possible replacement tire when my Canivores wear out. I like the looks of them. Only possible draw back is their lower max load rating. They are rated for 67 lbs. less per tire than the Carnivore. 550 vs 617 Don't know how big a deal that is, but it should mean something. Pretty easy to option up a machine and load it with people and be pushing 2200 lbs.

Reactions: Medi0gre
#4 ·
tread depth on the rampage is 19/32 and the carnivore is 28/32 I have put 500 miles on my carnivores and the rear tires have significantly less tread than the front about time to rotate or just burn them off and replace the rear set. if you run on hard pack at higher speeds that seems to chew them up I know drifting around corners doesn't help tread life but sometimes I cant contain my enthusiasm.

#5 ·
Carnivores are a great all around tire. The Rampage supposedly is the same as the Carnivores, same tread pattern, just with supposedly a slightly harder compound, BUT less tread depth so that's the trade off. I have new Carnivores to try out but haven't gotten out yet.

#15 ·
Okay, right from the Maxxis site. Much better! Will definitely be my replacement tire after seeing this. 15" on my KRX.

Specifications
Part NumberPositionSizePly RatingOverall Diameter (in)Section Width (in)Tire Pressure/Load (psi/lbs)Rim Size (in)Tread Depth (in)
Rim Size (in) 14
TM00047600Rear32X10.00R14832.21061714X7.020/32
TM00102900Rear30X10.00R14830.89.854614X7.019/32
Rim Size (in) 15
TM00068300Rear32X10.00R15832.31060615X7.020/32

#25 ·
some things I have read is that the Rampages are a Light Truck (LT) type tire and this will void some lifetime warranties on aftermarket wheels. I was thinking the Rampages also but i have no idea which way to go. I like the carnivores, a buddy just ordered them and it looks like they will do amazing in almost all conditions.

#37 ·
I've ran 30 and 32" maxxis carnivores and rockzillas. Maxxis never really has disappointed me. I don't care about tire wear. I look for traction. If it matters I likes my roxxzillas better than the carnivore. But want to try these new rampage tires. Bottom line weather u go with rampage, carnivore or even the roxxzilla you will happy. I'm running a 32" crawler xg in a 15 inch wheel at the moment and that's a hell of a tire as well. Wanted the 32x10x15 rampage but it wasn't out yet.

#39 ·
really debting about going to this except a with a 14 inch rim. How do you like the 32 inch pro armor crawlers? do you get any rubbing? These arent a true 32 so just wondering what you noticed about these? have you done mcuh snow in them? how are they in like medium snow or fresh powder?

#38 ·
Carnivores are amazing ! 30in do great ....(just had them in the area they filmed last season truck night in America ) sand, Ga red clay, kaolin,mud,gravel and couldnt believe the traction ....railing high berm corners at 45 -50 and lots of forward momentum over the stock BHs . Will not disappoint !

Reactions: Wfo1
#40 ·
I was very impressed with the xg crawlers so far. Only put about 200 miles on them now. Never had them in snow. But mud, rock hard pack, loose virgin soil these things absolutely hook. They hook much harder than anything else I've ever ran. They are a pretty soft tire like a carnivore so if you are concerned about tire wear u may get disappointed. I run 2wd a bunch so I do tend to wear tires faster than most. They are a true 32" tall tire in a 15" rim and have 1" tall lugs. Only negative I could c is I felt it push a couple times in the corners coming in hot. But I'm sure a chassis change could fix that. I am running them on kmc 5/1 15" beadlocks on a 200hp turbo rs1 so no rub issues

Attachments

#44 ·
Dang it man , thats a good lookin
tire ! Thats the more refined cousin to the carnivore !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.