Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has done a Racertech 2" lift on a RZR S? Was wondering how it affected the width, I assume it would make it narrower but by how much.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Who has done a Racertech 2" lift on a RZR S? Was wondering how it affected the width, I assume it would make it narrower but by how much.
Bump...

Would like to know too. Might have to try it myself and see. I'd like narrower, with more clearance for trails. Wonder if it would actually reduce the width? Seems like it might as it pulls the suspension up.

Edit: My other question is would this kit work along with the ATR Chassis bones kit? Looks like the black stiffener on the ATR bolts into the same place the rear lift plate goes. May be a question for the manufacturer....

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Got my answer from rwillden (thanks). Yes, it will reduce track width by an inch on each side. Good deal for trails along with the added height.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Got my answer from rwillden (thanks). Yes, it will reduce track width by an inch on each side. Good deal for trails along with the added height.
Technically, you can widen, or shorten the track width (a little) by adjusting the ride firmness (or lack thereof) with the shocks in addition to the lift. It will obviously affect your ride also however.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ya I have a lift on my S and did narrow it up a bit, but I backed my preload waaay off as soon as I lifted cause it changed the geometry of the suspension. It doesn't bottom out near as bad as it did before and handles great with the lift. Love it.

·
Vendor
4,015 Posts
Bump...

Would like to know too. Might have to try it myself and see. I'd like narrower, with more clearance for trails. Wonder if it would actually reduce the width? Seems like it might as it pulls the suspension up.

Edit: My other question is would this kit work along with the ATR Chassis bones kit? Looks like the black stiffener on the ATR bolts into the same place the rear lift plate goes. May be a question for the manufacturer....

Our lift does work with the ATR chassis kit you posted a pic of. The brace they send with the kit is for the lower rear chassis and our lift mounts to the upper chassis and shock mounts.

Our kit, as with any lift, will reduce the track width as the arms angle downwards more per inch of lift. It's really pretty universal. As the vehicle rises, the arms droop. While the length of the arms stay the same, the distance from hub to hub gets closer together since the arms pivot on an axis.

To find out what your track width will be with a lift you can simply just jack the machine up w/ a floor jack. First measure what your track width is with the suspension settled (ride height) and also measure a reference point from the frame to the ground. Jack up the end of the vehicle you are checking to the approximate inches of lift you want to acheive and then remeasure the track width. This will be your track width once the lift is installed and set the way you want it. ;)

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
To find out what your track width will be with a lift you can simply just jack the machine up w/ a floor jack.
Yeah, that's a good idea to test. I am within 1/4" on some trails that are posted at 60" for an ATV. I'd like to be at 58.5" if possible. Would also like to reduce preload on the Podiums for softer ride.....which might take away some of my "gains". I'll mess around with it.

Andy, Is there a rzrforums discount code by chance?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts