Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just ordered my set of 2.5" this week. waiting for them to show up. I will report back.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I orderd mine three weeks ago suppose to get them today. My buddy has them and they seem to be pretty good. Also they say with there lift they work real well.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I used a custom 220/240 combo with the minimum preload and compression dampening on my 800s and they worked great.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used a custom 220/240 combo with the minimum preload and compression dampening on my 800s and they worked great.
Can I ask why you chose this combo?
I am average weight, carry a spare on the back and a lock and ride box, have the extra rear roll bars that the 2010 came with. 3/8 Skids. I ride fairly aggressively on rocky roads.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I am average weight, carry a spare on the back and a lock and ride box, have the extra rear roll bars that the 2010 came with. 3/8 Skids. I ride fairly aggressively on rocky roads.
I originally ordered the medium set. Usually rode alone (180lbs), lock and ride box and no other added weight. I always tried to keep it light. The mediums felt too stiff to me. I believe the mediums were either a 240/260 combo or 240/280. When i called RT to see if i could swap out for the light set, he said they only had the front 220's. So i asked him to send me the 220's and i'd send him back my rear springs. So i moved the 240's to the back and put the 220's up front and they actually felt really good to me with the setup i stated above. I'd hit the woops as hard as i could without being out of control and they never bottomed out on me. They also felt good just cruising. I think if you don't carry a lot of weight and your looking aftermarket, seems like the lightest spring rate short of bottoming out all the time is the way to go....

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I originally ordered the medium set. Usually rode alone (180lbs), lock and ride box and no other added weight. I always tried to keep it light. The mediums felt too stiff to me. I believe the mediums were either a 240/260 combo or 240/280. When i called RT to see if i could swap out for the light set, he said they only had the front 220's. So i asked him to send me the 220's and i'd send him back my rear springs. So i moved the 240's to the back and put the 220's up front and they actually felt really good to me with the setup i stated above. I'd hit the woops as hard as i could without being out of control and they never bottomed out on me. They also felt good just cruising. I think if you don't carry a lot of weight and your looking aftermarket, seems like the lightest spring rate short of bottoming out all the time is the way to go....
great info. thanks! I will definitely call them and ask about the 220/240 if I decide to go with these springs. what did you think of the 2 separate coils? Any issues with the spacer or anything else?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts