Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Vendor
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Racer Tech - RZR XP 900 Weld-In Gusset Kit is here!

Katie and I installed this kit this weekend on one of our shop RZR's and it went REALLY smooth. I have to say, this kit turned out sweet and almost looks OEM when all done. We'll be adding these to our site sometime this week but for now we do have them in stock and shipping. Please just phone your order in if you want to get one coming before they're listed on the site.

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts

Does this kit address the weak upper shock mounts front and rear, as well as the trailing arm mounts? What about an XP 4 version that addresses the two piece frame, maybe a continuous weld on outer plate or angle to basically convert it to a one piece. If im going to strip the rzr down that far to weld everything in I would like to address every potential issue at one time. Just bought the XP 4 last week and then started reading about all the issues with the frame, and I would like to do all this before it even hits dirt for the first time.

·
Vendor
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

This kit is basically only made to cover the front frame section. The upper shock mounts will be separate pieces we're covering with another product we're developing right now...

We actually haven't had much issues with the trailing arm mounts yet but do have an upgrade in the works for this anyways. It will be an upgrade released w/ our adjustable trailing arms.

I've been trying to think of a trick way to build a bolt on gusset for the XP4 chassis rail but haven't thought of anything I like yet... We can do a weld-in part for you if you'd like though. Maybe just give us a call and we can get something in motion...

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts

What is the installation cost of this kit? I am thinking of haveing this done at a local fab shop and would like to know what i can expect to pay. How many hours to tear down and weld and rebuild?

·
Vendor
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

The first one I did personally was on a machine that was already torn down. we usually figure 0.5-1 hr. for suspension dis-assembly depending on the build. This kit requires removal of the hood and rocker panels too so depending on your cage it could add another 0.5-1 hr.

I spent about 8 hours installing this kit but I was also taking pictures and my sweet time to make sure everything worked properly. I would say to figure on 6-8 hours depending on the shop.

Re-assembly kind of depends on what you're putting back on... If it's all OEM parts and they're going on the exact way they came off you're looking at about 1-2 hours. If you're installing and aligning new arms, bushings or tie rods it's a lot more.

·
Registered
64 Posts

I'm installing this kit right now and wondering if anybody knows where the two smallest pieces go. One is the about 2 1/2" long tapered from about 1/2" to a 1/4". The other is the small triangle pieces. About 1" big. Thanks

·
Vendor
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

These are really hard to see in the pics. Here's a couple more I hope will help:

The longer one goes over top of some other ones here to brace the front lower arm mount a little extra

The smallest little triangle piece goes in the corner right above the steering rack. It's about impossible to get a shot of this one..) You need to pull back the wire harness on one side and the radiator hoses on the other. Be careful! lol

·
Registered
64 Posts

Thanks Andy I appreciate it. Excellent kit! Everything fit like a glove

·
Registered
82 Posts

What is the complete list of parts that has to be removed to put his on an 900XP4?

While I have it apart is what do I need to have the local fab shop do to address the 2 piece frame?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts