Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting Racer Tech dual rate springs for my 2012 rzr S with Fox Shocks. My question is do I get the Medium or the Heavy? I have dual battery's,cage extension, spare tire,EMP outback front bumper,winch, full fold out windshield, cooter brown roof and cargo cover, full skid, rock sliders .rear window air comp tools. So as you can see the stock springs are a little loaded. Because of the extra weight will I be ok with the heavy? Or will they be too stiff ?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
My buddy has the heavy rate springs and loves them. They were a little stiff the first couple rides due to having to break in and he had the pre load a little to stiff but now he absolutely loves them and he's definitely gained clearance too! He has a 2011 S with the fox shocks.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My buddy has the heavy rate springs and loves them. They were a little stiff the first couple rides due to having to break in and he had the pre load a little to stiff but now he absolutely loves them and he's definitely gained clearance too! He has a 2011 S with the fox shocks.
Thanks Cameron it's always good to hear from someone that has them or knows someone that has experienced them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks Cameron it's always good to hear from someone that has them or knows someone that has experienced them.
i have the same springs ...with all that stuff you have on your rzr go with the heavy for sure......i have less than you and i am happy with the heavy

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have the same springs ...with all that stuff you have on your rzr go with the heavy for sure......i have less than you and i am happy with the heavy
Thanks for for your input sounds like I will be going with the heavy

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think the one factor you didn’t mention was your type of riding. Hard dune riding or speed of any sort may require the heavy rate. I carry a bunch of personal gear (as much as 150#) along with the typical machine accessories but am going with the medium rate because I do most of my riding on trails and rock crawling at slower speeds. A lot of folks find the heavy rate stiff unless they do some sort of demand type riding. Heavy may be the rate you need but you can give the folks at RT a call and let them know what your load is and what type riding you do. Great folks to work with and always very responsive.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I am looking at getting Racer Tech dual rate springs for my 2012 rzr S with Fox Shocks. My question is do I get the Medium or the Heavy? I have dual battery's,cage extension, spare tire,EMP outback front bumper,winch, full fold out windshield, cooter brown roof and cargo cover, full skid, rock sliders .rear window air comp tools. So as you can see the stock springs are a little loaded. Because of the extra weight will I be ok with the heavy? Or will they be too stiff ?
püt it on the scale and talk to racer tech they shuld help u deside basede on total wight

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too am thinking of heavy rate springs. Anybody running the makintrax shocks with progressive heavy rate springs. Been waiting because of back order.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the med. dual rates with factory fox shocks and am very satisfied. I am 250#'s carrying a lock & ride box and chainsaw along with accessories (roof, windsheild, bumpers). The rear spring rate is 280#-i had to put 3/4" pre-load on them to get 12" of ground clearance. The front however, are 240# and 0 pre-load put me at 13 1/2" ground clearance-so i would ask RT about putting a heavy rate on the rear and med. on the front...just my 2cents

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the med. dual rates with factory fox shocks and am very satisfied. I am 250#'s carrying a lock & ride box and chainsaw along with accessories (roof, windsheild, bumpers). The rear spring rate is 280#-i had to put 3/4" pre-load on them to get 12" of ground clearance. The front however, are 240# and 0 pre-load put me at 13 1/2" ground clearance-so i would ask RT about putting a heavy rate on the rear and med. on the front...just my 2cents
Good idea I will be calling them tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got back from a nice ride on some back roads . Bottomed out couple times on some ruts in the road at about 30mph could feel it from my tail bone to my neck. Ouch definitely need springs

·
Registered
100 Posts
Another thing about the dual rates from RT is that you can add to weight to it (like a passenger) and they still keep you up in the air vs my factory springs that let me drag the bottom off of my rzr-they do a lot better job maintaining ground clearance w/o sacrificing the smooth ride. BTW-the rzr rides like a cadilac with two people in it with these springs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey man i just bought my 2013 rzr s and i was wanting to put a 2 inch lift on it. will you post some more pics of yours so i can get an idea what it will look like?
thanks

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Found this video of medium springs, pretty cool, first part is slow over rocks 2nd part fast/rough, too bad comments are disabled... I'm thinking about springs too.. Thank you Lancesadventures for sharing !!!

·
Premium Member
41,100 Posts
Call Andy (owner of Racer Tech) ask him... He has a guarantee on his springs that is second to none...

Call Racer Tech...

·
Registered
313 Posts
I just ordered the heavy set after several emails with Andy at Racer Tech. I have an S-LE with Podium shocks, rollbar extension, spare tire rack, winch, 3/8 UH skids, lock and ride rear box. Passenger and I total about 300#. I told him I ride trails, rocks and open desert.
Andy was great and answered all my questions.

·
Registered
100 Posts
They only bad thing-not really bad but aggrivating-is the squeak at the bushing that seperates the springs. When you get them muddy, that bushing squeaks pretty similar to the squeak in the sway bar-which is a very tiny flaw when you look at the ride and height you get with them...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just ordered the heavy set after several emails with Andy at Racer Tech. I have an S-LE with Podium shocks, rollbar extension, spare tire rack, winch, 3/8 UH skids, lock and ride rear box. Passenger and I total about 300#. I told him I ride trails, rocks and open desert.
Andy was great and answered all my questions.
Thats what i really liked about the whole process: RT's customer service is second to none. B4 i ordered mine, i had tried to contact other companies by phone and email and got nowhere....getting my springs 8 days after i ordered them was a big plus too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts