Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Should Racer Tech switch to black ONLY as a stocked color?

• Yes - I would rather know I can get the part and not the color

Votes: 45 80.4%
  • No - Color is more important to me than inventory.

Votes: 11 19.6%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

We've been brainstorming a lot here lately about ways we can get more product out faster. We've stepped up our game substantially in the last six months and have almost everything we do in stock all the time. However, it's always tough to try and have everything all the time in every color.. REALLY tough.

So we're thinking about making satin black be our stocked color for all of our fabricated parts just like silver is for all of our springs. If a customer wants a different color we will gladly do it but it will take a little bit and cost a little more. By going to black as our only "stocked" color we can pretty much guarantee at this point that we can stock every single part we offer at all times.

What do you guys think? Would you rather know that you can get us stuff no matter what as long as you can have it in black? OR, has everyone been fine waiting a little longer if necessary for the other colors they want?

Thanks for your feedback!

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Custom colors have never meant much to me. So I am for the idea of having more items instock. It would help the guys like me that just want the part/item/accessory quick. If it is a custom color you already have to wait and pay extra, which is understandable. Keep the spring color silver lol. That will match my rzr lmao!!!

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
I think that would be the best solution. Actually I would just leave the color changing up to the customer completely. Most everybody has access to either a powder coating shop , paint shop or just like me do it themselves. So if it saved money on the part I'd rather have it bare metal but next best option would be universal black. Although my lift kit looks badass in red.

·
Administrator
50,353 Posts
Hey guys,

We've been brainstorming a lot here lately about ways we can get more product out faster. We've stepped up our game substantially in the last six months and have almost everything we do in stock all the time. However, it's always tough to try and have everything all the time in every color.. REALLY tough.

So we're thinking about making satin black be our stocked color for all of our fabricated parts just like silver is for all of our springs. If a customer wants a different color we will gladly do it but it will take a little bit and cost a little more. By going to black as our only "stocked" color we can pretty much guarantee at this point that we can stock every single part we offer at all times.

What do you guys think? Would you rather know that you can get us stuff no matter what as long as you can have it in black? OR, has everyone been fine waiting a little longer if necessary for the other colors they want?

Thanks for your feedback!
I think that's a great idea Andy ,!!!:):):)

·
Premium Member
8,865 Posts
Personally, I would have Black and Red like with your lift kits on a select few items. Any other color on all other items is "custom" and extra.

But I dont own the company. And I voted Yes just in case.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Seems everybody likes black.
I like the red kinda like a signature or a logo..racertech red...
The black blends in with the black frame u dont even see it there.
But i guess orange madness ect would look better with black instead of red.
I prefer red but not to be selfish and appeal to the masses if i had to pick a color that would make everybody happy. black.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Although I am picky about color & ensure everything I install is the color I want. I have NO issues (& never had) with simply emailing or sending a PM to request color.

Now, requesting color has almost always added time to delivery, but you are asking for something that's basically "custom". Customers can also order plain & powder coat at home/ or with a local shop if I remember correct. I've ordered Raw parts before & sometimes prefer that.

Andy thanks for the PM response from the "old" account. I was sorry to hear what happened & I'll send you an email about the parts I ordered back when. I'm in no hurry but I'll get the email & all info off to you this week.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Personally, I would have Black and Red stocked @ all times. Any other color is "custom" and "slightly" extra.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
664 Posts
Send them raw I no a few people that wanted them raw and still got gray and still took forever to get. Just call it a day and go with a something?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Simple, offer black in stock and have red as an upgrade with a 2 week lead time. Problems solved.This way everyone is happy and you have the ability to sell color they just have to wait.

·
Vendor
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the feedback guys!

I think it's settled then. As of 10/1 we will be stocking black only but much more of it. We will offer more parts in bare steel so we can ship them that way quicker too. If we have better stock of bare parts it will help keep custom colors w/in that 1-2 week lead time goal.

Thanks again guys!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts