Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so how do you get a bit more jam out of this thing while staying naturally aspirated??

my best bet was a full exhaust and a clutch kit.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Exhaust does very little! Clutch kit can help tune to usage!
If you don't want a turbo you could go with a supercharger or nitrous!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
>1500$

would like to get more top speed out of the thing

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Call AlbaNate! I don't think you'll get more speed unless you got to STM billet clutches & you're looking @ $2000 just for the clutches!

H

·
0 Posts
I gotta ask where do you ride that you need more than 70-80? You driving it on the interstate? LOL.
If you want more top speed you are going to need more RPM and the power to pull it or an overdrive clutch and the power to pull it :)
As said Alba should be able to help you reach your goals...$1500 might not be realistic though..speed takes power..power cost money :)

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
People are quick to direct you to this cam kit or that stage kit but remember there are threads crying "your engine kit makes my XP slower than my buddies 800".

Won't see any unhappy threads about one company. Reliable mods for me thanks.
It was nice waking up seeing the Maverick has less HP than my XP.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maybe i better just save up for the turbo..

anyone know if the turbo gives it any more top speed? or just gets there quicker?

H

·
0 Posts
maybe i better just save up for the turbo..

anyone know if the turbo gives it any more top speed? or just gets there quicker?
Regardless of the power you are going to need to increase the rev limit or change the ratio (over drive clutches,taller tires ect, to get much more top speed..

·
Vendor
2,416 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Get taller tires.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Alba is about the most used and best bang for the buck out there, and Nate is always on here to help people. Having a very active vendor to help you out in a pinch means a whole lot. I would defiantly take a look at his stuff before jumping to the turbo.

·
“Super Genius”
705 Posts
I wouldn't mind some extra power, but am not willing to piss off all the land owners who let us ride through on the local trails.

They say the stock muffler is pretty good.

How much extra power can I make and still use the stock muffler?

Alba... Yosh...??? Anyone???

·
Registered
233 Posts
I wouldn't mind some extra power, but am not willing to piss off all the land owners who let us ride through on the local trails.

They say the stock muffler is pretty good.

How much extra power can I make and still use the stock muffler?

Alba... Yosh...??? Anyone???
Check out Alba's website and also their section under vendors here. Lots of good info on their "Silent but deadly" set up.

http://www.rzrforums.net/showthread.php?t=85435

I'm running the stage II kit and love the power but I'm am definitely louder than stock.

Chris

Sent from my iPad

·
hey ya'll watch this....
1,304 Posts
People are quick to direct you to this cam kit or that stage kit but remember there are threads crying "your engine kit makes my XP slower than my buddies 800".

Won't see any unhappy threads about one company. Reliable mods for me thanks.
It was nice waking up seeing the Maverick has less HP than my XP.
Im leaning toward the Alba kit myself, but would like to know a lil more bout your Yosh machine...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts