Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably going to be buying a 20' utility trailer (tandem) for pulling (2) RZR's to my next trip next week.

Since it is coming up so soon, would I be fine for pulling:

(1) 20' utility trailer

(2) RZR's

With a 2008 Toyota Tundra 5.8 liter but without hooking up the electric brakes for now?

Going about 500 miles.

I am going to install the brake box definitely but was wondering if I'd be ok for now without it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
You could but the truck will be working hard to stop.

My electric brakes have a dial to increase or decrease braking power to the trailer.

I forgot to dial up the electric brakes which ya can do to get more breaking for heavier loads and I noticed a difference in the truck doing more braking.

I dont reccomend doing it but if your in a jam and ya gotta do it the Tundra can.

Here is my setup.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
with the new controllers and vehicle specific harnesses, it took me maybe 5 mins to put one in my new dodge ram. that will be at least a 4000lb load, a little too much without brakes. one trip would work, but be carefull.

·
Banned
2 Posts
You can use the trailer without the box break but it is hard to stop the trailer once you wanted it to stop. So if I were you, before I use the trailer, I will put first the box break. To be sure and to be safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts