Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Todd, I watched your youtube videos and read some of the tech info on your website prior to posting this. I have a 2017 900s with a good amount of weight added to it. My bed box with tools and parts inside is easily 100lbs, I carry a full size spare tire (28x10x14 efx motoclaws on MSA m12 wheels), roof, door lowers, stereo system, soon to be light bars front and rear, 4500# winch, wildboar 10ga front bumper, and my 285lbs body. I ride with a passenger usually anywhere from 130-300lbs. I already put RT Pro heavy springs on it and that helped the machine ride much better (just to give an idea on how much weight I have to be managed). In reverse, the rzr is jumpy in low throttle, same with high gear, which is why most of the time I ride low gear unless I'm road riding where I know i can put the pedal down to keep rpm up enough to prevent the belt jerking. I know my belt has some cupping on it, it is the stock belt still and the machine has about 500+ miles on it. I ride hard pack and loose dirt, dirt and sand trails in lower michigan (i never go to the dunes), some mud (I stay out of the deep stuff), some rocky trails (not low speed low gear rock crawling, but I do hit black trails that are somewhat technical in navigating rocks and trees), and hill climbs. In your videos, you mention sometimes your HW belt can negate some issues of jerking, but my question to you is given everything above, do I need a clutch kit? If I did need a clutch kit, I was intrigued by the dalton clutch kits on your website and I would most definitely buy your belt. I just want to be an informed buyer. When I ride trails I am anywhere from 20-35mph (hatfield mccoy) to 35-50+(michigan, Houghton Lake area ORV trails). I appreciate any help you can send my way. I'd like to get all this done by the upcoming riding season.

·
Vendor
10,258 Posts
Did you watch the one that was called clutch kit or not?

You sound like you really need belt grip not performance so I would say no on the kit and yes on our belt and for sure our rollers.

The kits really help if you are going to be using the gas pedal a lot in high, like how fast can you get from point a to point b. As heavy as you are and you used the kit like it is supposed to be used and get shift rpm where it should be, I think the weights would be so light that you would slip the belt more often in low when you needed belt grip

People who use low most times do not see much of a return.

BTW, by accident I saw this, this stuff is best asked on email [email protected].

Todd

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, further questions I will email you. I just watched the video, that makes sense. I'll buy the belt and rollers and give em a shot. I appreciate the help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts