Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting one of these for my XP4T and was wondering if anyone has mounted one on their RZR, and if so how did your do it? I think the 1.5 Ton with the 15 inch extension will work great but any advice is welcome.

·
Registered
2021 1000 XP
643 Posts
Dang that's expensive ($380) and heavy (38 lbs)!!

Our scissor jack was $30 from Summit Racing, and weighs about 5 lbs.

Save your cash. Assuming this is for on-trail emergency use like ours is.

All the best, James

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't find a scissor jack that is tall enough to get the tire off of the ground, even with 2 2X4s on the garage floor. Really don't want to try to find enough rocks out on the trail to stick under it if I need to change a tire.

·
Registered
157 Posts
A winch is a much better option than a 40lbs jack imo. Throw the line over a branch and lift it up. If you ride with someone just wrap a soft shackle around the cage and pull it over.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My opinion.... I studied them all, and I know it is a little heavy.... Hi-Lift UTV jack. I got the longer one, but shorter is fine. $100. I also got the High-Lift tube mount. Very solid. I still have the cheesy scissor jack in the truck toolbox, but it is only good for one thing.

Some will argue that this is an overkill. Hi-Lift is not only a jack, but also spreader and clamp. This feature was already used more than the standard jack. Works wonders for straightening bent parts. Can also be used as a backup winch.

Realy only one buggy in the group needs a jack anyway. Spread the tools out to save weight.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I have the Phoenix Pro Eagle jack and really like it. Light weight.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I personally use a scissor jack from a jaguar. I removed its handle and use a socket to operate the jack. Its perfect for me, zero complaints and stupid cheap. Have it mounted between the belt intake and cage in the bed.

·
Super Moderator
5,535 Posts
I have the Pro Eagle jack and have used on several occasions. I like that it's lightweight and compact. I keep it in the carry bag along with extra CO2 cartridges. Roll bar mounting looks cool but don't want ti covered in mud and dirt. I research all the current jacks on the market and decided on the Pro Eagle for size and ability It's a bit pricey and I was skeptical at first but it's proved it's value.

Inherently more stable than hi-lift style jacks and takes up less room. Scissor jacks work ok but also can be unstable. I've carried hi-lift and scissor jacks in the past and much prefer the Pro Eagle. Winching it to a tree or another vehicle is not always an option.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If I was going to spend that kind of money I would get a screw jack, they're compact and work awesome with an impact gun. This is a good list.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Unless you ride alone, all you need is a nylon strap. Quicker, easier, safer

·
Registered
157 Posts
No winch on mine, what would I winch it to? A tree? Jack takes 20 seconds.
He said unless you ride alone then all you need is a strap. A winch on yours doesn’t have anything to do with it really. Your riding partner would need a winch, but the ppl I ride with all have them so no worries for me.

I’d have mine in the air faster with a winch than a jack, but to each their own, that’s why there are so many options in the world.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was thinking of getting one of these for my XP4T and was wondering if anyone has mounted one on their RZR, and if so how did your do it? I think the 1.5 Ton with the 15 inch extension will work great but any advice is welcome.
Those jacks are not light, would say 50 lbs, get there co2 jack

1 - 20 of 20 Posts