Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my rzr s does anyone know what those two holes that are threaded under the header pipes are for? I would like to make an heat shield to protect the coolent line and use those two holes to bolt it on. Thanks for your time.:popcorn:

·
Banned
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I just went and looked ... I am lost ...what two holes ...were?

·
Banned
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
look under the header about 4" down there is 2 3/8 holes that are threaded. And about 3" spread if you look past the fuel filter youve gone to far. There wright behind the coolent line that goes to the water pump.

·
Banned
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris did you find the holes or did you give up on me? I wish I could take a pic but can not find camera!

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
hes right - i just looked at tear/ down install photos (that shop gnome took) when i put on my two bros (i meant jc whitney) exhaust. they are there.

who ran out to check......RZR yur hands

·
Banned
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone?

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
They are threaded holes that are not being used in this application. If you want to use them go for it. I work on cars for a living and can tell you almost every engine has bolt holes that are not being used, no big deal.
Good Luck and take some pics so others can do the same mod.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
John I hook it as he was talking about these 2 holes behind the lowed radiator hose

·
Banned
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the pic Jeff that is it as soon as I finish it I will put up some pics. I noticed some guys wrap the coolant line with heat tape and being bored in the garage and love to just build sh_t I'm going to build a heat shield and use those holes to mount it to cut down on header heat to the coolant line. Like I said I'm bored.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
They are for mounting that engine in a different application.

·
Banned
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think he ment oil filter...and im guessing the two core holes on the cyl
Ya your right,:pint: oil filter it was past my bed time. thanks.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
Thanks for the pic Jeff that is it as soon as I finish it I will put up some pics. I noticed some guys wrap the coolant line with heat tape and being bored in the garage and love to just build sh_t I'm going to build a heat shield and use those holes to mount it to cut down on header heat to the coolant line. Like I said I'm bored.
Glad I could help. Don't forget the pics when it's done

·
Banned
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
10-4

1 - 16 of 16 Posts