Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some Dyno testing today with the new 850cc setup. Had some great results with just mapping the fuel curve in. At 4000 RPM I was able to hit 150 FPDS of Torque. That is 30 more than the stock motor (with my Vi-Pec ECU) which hits 130 peak torque at 6350 rpm. After trying to mapp at 4500 rpm I started to have trouble with the torque signal dropping off???? Not sure, so I made some changes and nothing is happening????? Well, I broke the torque transducer on the torque arm. So in the morning I will nextday air the $500 torque arm that I just bought back to Land and Sea. So if anyone was wondering what kind of #'s I was able to get, so am I. They were very impressive until a torque arm failure killed the day of testing. I am hoping they sent me the wrong transducer that is only good to 150 fpds. I will keep everyone updated of progress when I get the new torque arm.:sad::sad::sad::sad:

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea this was BigMike's motor. Land&sea Dyno will have the torque arm Wednesday and hopefully they won't take too long to get it back to me so I can finish my testing. All I know is that this combo is going to be a beast! This motor does not even sound like a Weber. It sounds more like a prostock drag bike than anything. I will keep up with updates.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did not record and of the fuel mapping pulls, but it was at 150 ft pds of torque at only 4000. Compared to the other dyno runs before it is on a serious power run. I just hope the cases can hold this amount of power:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I finally received my new torque arm back from land and sea. Did some more testing today and the results were great!! I will post the dyno charts in the afternoon on Monday after I finish my mapping.

With only 14psi 200 kpa, I was able to make 209 hp. I am still working on the high boost timing/fuel mapping.

This beast also made over 160 ft lbs of torque at low boost settings.

I have made over 100 12 second pulls with the motor and everything is looking perfect!! Three second pulls do nothing!!:popcorn:

I cant wait to finish testing, I will post up REAL results showing my correction factor in the afternoon when I finish..

Thanks for waiting, Mark

·
Bent Motorsports
938 Posts
160 ft/lbs is some good torque for a 2 cylinder. good work

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
good numbers!

what do you mean by "3 second pulls do nothing"?

What kind of fuel are you running at 14psi on this engine?
How much boost are you going to put on it?

Keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
12,793 Posts
I finally received my new torque arm back from land and sea. Did some more testing today and the results were great!! I will post the dyno charts in the afternoon on Monday after I finish my mapping.

With only 14psi 200 kpa, I was able to make 209 hp. I am still working on the high boost timing/fuel mapping.

I have made over 100 12 second pulls with the motor and everything is looking perfect!! Three second pulls do nothing!!:popcorn:

I cant wait to finish testing, I will post up REAL results showing my correction factor in the afternoon when I finish..

Thanks for waiting, Mark
I would like to hear your thoughts on the 3 sec pull........Thx Mark nice work! :)

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Thanks for waiting, Mark
I would like to hear your thoughts on the 3 sec pull........Thx Mark nice work! :)
Well in a three second pull you can not load the motor. All it does is rip through the enrire rev range and never shows a proper torque signal because it does not load the motor hard. It is a good way to show high HP #'s that you will ever see in the real world. If you actually load the motor your intake temps go up and power will go down and it also will test your componets. Just think how many seconds it takes you to make a pass up the hill. Your dyno pulls should resemble a drag race run up the hill. That is the way I test.

I need a larger map sensor so I will finish my testing soon.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts

Thanks for waiting, Mark

Been around alot of dyno runs and never seen anybody do a 3 second pull. I would be pissed If I paid for a dyno tune and they only did 3 second runs. And even more upset if the dyno had a load cell and did not us it to tune.

So what % are you setting on the load cell? Are these#'s at no load?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts