Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently discovered on my 1 week old Rzr XP 4 1000 ALL 4 adjustable shocks had different settings. 10 clicks and 4 clicks in the front and 5 clicks and 9 clicks in the back. This is a brand new machine. Does Polaris have any kind of Quality control. I hope the rest of this thing has been put together properly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I was wondering who to point the finger at This is unsat to me. If I use the wrong kind of oil or part, I'm pretty sure Polaris isn't gonna be on my side...
safety.jpg
safety.jpg

·
The Lone Rzr
2,219 Posts
It's also the owner's responsibility to check the machine over before each ride and checking front and rear suspension is in the owner's manual.
I wouldn't have waited a week to check things out
That decal is for preload and not the compression damping as you found
You should be checking fluid levels and tire pressures and everything else as stated in the manual.
If it's not right then you should be contacting your dealer

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with you guys to a point. I also expect to be sold a machine within specs. I's cool , I'm happy with it but now will always wonder if the rest of this thing was put together properly. Either way, the spotlight will be on someones job..

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
It's also the owner's responsibility to check the machine over before each ride and checking front and rear suspension is in the owner's manual.
I wouldn't have waited a week to check things out
That decal is for preload and not the compression damping as you found
You should be checking fluid levels and tire pressures and everything else as stated in the manual.
If it's not right then you should be contacting your dealer
In my opinion, a new owner shouldn't need to check anything. The dealer has a sign off sheet showing they checked everything and they should be responsible for it.
When you buy a new car, do you check it over, or just get in it and drive? I've never checked and never will.
RZRs cost as much as a car, and both Polaris and their dealers should be held to a standard of selling a vehicle that is ready to go.
There are a lot of people that buy these things and have zero mechanical skills. They shouldn't need to check to see if a brand new machine is full of fluid and the shocks are adjusted equally.

·
The Lone Rzr
2,219 Posts
Dealers make mistakes and I don't feel like getting halfway out in the desert and have something fail because it wasn't checked by me or the dealer.
There's no way I'm going to just assume they did it let alone did it correctly.
Sign off sheet doesn't mean anything to me. I double check it and also before every ride.
We literally bought a new boat a couple weeks ago. They gave me the PDI sheet with all the things checked off. Didn't mean anything to me. I checked it all when I got home. Peace of mind of not getting stranded on the lake.
When i buy a new car I absolutely check it over. Especially oil and tire pressure.
After being on this forum I've read too many stories about failures due to dealers not doing things correctly.
Will I hold them responsible? sure. But nobody is going to lose their job over it. And I don't want to walk miles home because i didn't double check.
And having zero mechanical skills isn't an excuse for not checking things. These aren't your everyday cars that you never open the hood until the next oil change.
Whether it's brand new or not they better learn some mechanical skills like checking oil and lug nuts or changing belts.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As far as mechanical skills, I retired from the Military with 20 years under my belt as a Machinist Mate. I definitely know how to turn wrenches and follow directions...

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
This is not a Polaris thing but rather a dealer thing. The responsibility of the vehicle setup and inspection prior to delivery is up to the dealer. As 07turbo said the buyer should not be required to check over anything prior to delivery. The machine should be 100% ready upon delivery. The problem is that "most" dealers just want to get paid, get the customer out the door, and onto the next deal. It's too much about volume and not enough about customer satisfaction.

For previous buyers and folks already in the sport this isn't a huge issue because we know going in what to expect. But for new buyers and people just getting into the sport this can be a huge turn off. They have no idea what they are getting into and are reliant on the dealer to provide them with a quality product and good service. If the experience is less than par it leaves a bad feeling with them that can carry over to the sport as a whole.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My focus will not require much effort. I simply don't want it to happen to someone else..
The dealer that I purchased my 2020 Polaris RZR XP 4 from is RideNow Powersports On Rancho located in Las Vegas Nv.

·
The Lone Rzr
2,219 Posts
Ride Now in Vegas???
It all makes sense now.
I wouldn't step one foot in that door again let alone ANY Ride Now

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Specifically Ride Now on Rancho. There are three other Ride Now powersports dealers in Las Vegas that I don't know anything about..

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,145 Posts
I’ve never dealt with a Ride Now before, but after reading multiple poor accounts across several media platforms, I also wouldn’t ever set foot in the door of one.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I it has knob or a dial it's going to get turned sitting in a showroom or dealer lot. Human nature... "oh look turny twisty thingy, yup she clicks"
Always do pre trip
I've done the same thing drinking beer in my garage, see a squirrel forget about it and not catch it again until pretrip

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree the dealer should probably check these things but Dang ! that makes it even worse. That tells me the assembly people are throwing shit together...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's all cool guys, Thanks for the replies. On a positive note , I'm retired and plan on ripping this morning ! Lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts