Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used 08 with about 91 hrs now (we've put on about 10 hrs ourselves). Don't know anything about rzrs but am learning quickly with the help of this forum.
It runs great. Prior owner put in new air filter system when it was pretty new and new springs...
But it does seem to burn a little oil....unfortunately.
Since eventually we'll probably have to have at least the top half rebuilt at some point... can we change the oil from 0-40 to 5-40? Would that help?

·
Registered
140 Posts
use honda gn4 10w40 those engines dont need synthetic oil thats a big scam the reason for 0-40 is wide range temp oil thats all it is . case u buy it new and take it to alaska or some where super cold. gn 4 honda oil thats all i use and fram filter from walmart trust me dont waste your money. except for your trans and diff i use lucas
full synthetic gear lube 75-90 factory says agl agl is automotive gear lubricant duh polaris trys to trick you into buying there crappy oil ,,,it wont use as much oil if you switch ,,, full synthetic oil so slick it gets past the rings causing minimal oil consumtion

1 - 2 of 2 Posts