Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ill always put premo fuel in all my rides wether its a dirt bike my rzr or the truck. But who runs race fuel, Av gas, or octane booster in their rzr's?

Does it really help on a stock machine? (my rzr is stock for now)

How much better does it run on a Mod motor?

·
King of crash!
31,881 Posts
this has been talked and talked about befor....if your eng needs the octane use it if it doesnt its a waste of $$$$$$ if your eng doesnt need the higher octane it cant burn the slower flame front and a min loss of power can happen wont hurt it but is a waste

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
I have only run pump gas. From what I've been told CARB is going to make it real hard to get race fuel in the near future in California

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have only run pump gas. From what I've been told CARB is going to make it real hard to get race fuel in the near future in California
SO far I live in the foot hills and we can still get 100 Octane out of the pump from one of our local gas stations. Mind you its like $6.00 a gallon.

But ya I think ill just be putting premo for now.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
dont waste your money stock ehgine tuned for reguler hjgher octane you lose h.p. unless you advance timing to burn it all ,as the higher the oct. the longer the fuel burns so it can develop a higher cyn. pressure for more power but only if you advance timing ,or higher compression, which makes fuel burn faster. But do use top teir gas as its got more detergents in it and is cleaner to start with I know chevron, texaco,and shell are top tiers,its what the auto makers use for their 50,000 mile epa tests ,keeps ox. sensor ,valves ect. cleaner

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
o.k. vp fuels with a higher oxagen level will give you more horsepower also but stay away from the leaded ones and would probably still need to increase timing/compresion to see good gains to justify their cost

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
o.k. vp fuels with a higher oxagen level will give you more horsepower also but stay away from the leaded ones and would probably still need to increase timing/compresion to see good gains to justify their cost
They work well I have changed fuels out at the hill and pick up another 3 to 4 mph.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts