Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first off I couldn't find the off topic section, but this does include the rzr so maybe I will be spared the wrath. Any how, my son (2) and nephew (4) will be celebrating their birthdays this weekend. They both love riding with me on the rzr but it's hard to fit both. So I came up with the ol pull the heathens behind a motorized vehicle idea. We have plenty of flat fields that are grown up over a couple feet high with some of the slickest grass you could ask for. I figure a piece of ply board, some rope, and let the endless joy begin. Seeings how my son is at a somewhat tender age we will be traveling at a turtles pace, just in case they tumble. I was wondering if anyone has successfully done this, or something of the nature, and would like to share some ideas. Mind you these boys are boys not sissified couch potatoes. Just plain ol country kids, so I'm really not looking for the tree hugging, you're gonna hurt those kids crap. Thanks!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Wait till the bleeding heart Fun Nazis read this, they have DHS waiting for you.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
I can appreciate the idea of doing something fun for your kids, and Im sure they would love being towed around the fields, but Im not sure having them sitting back there and breathing all that exhaust is a great idea, especially at their ages. With kids at that age, they're resilient to many things, but the first thing that young kids have trouble with is respiratory distress. Not trying to be a tree hugger here or rain on your idea, it sounds like fun, but I got young kids too and its up to us as parents to look out for them since they're incapable of doing it for themselves. But regardless, I'm sure you'll come up with something fun for them to do..

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Sounds like a great idea for teenagers--- but 2 and 4 are a little young for that risk..... Just let them take turns in the seat--.. my two cents anyway...

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Or do like I did and drop the coin to get a Twisted Stitch bench seat that will hold 3, it works PERFECT!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I would look at these-

Don't need to pull them either.

:)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol I shoulda put this in the southeast section. Sorry folks disregard this post. I'm not gonna argue, I was looking for ideas, not a medical examination. Thanks for the replies!

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
I used to get pulled on an old car hood when snow was on the ground. :ride:
We had a old Cadillac Car Hood also, I think it was a 58 or so, the one with the upward nose sloped up. Man did we have some fun on that one when Winter hit.

We used one of our Dad's Roping Horses when he was not around as the Roping Horse could run faster that the old Mule he had for us to ride. " I am telling my age lol"" Now we got our butts whooped when he would catch us or find out that we were using one of his Roping Horses!! LOL

Another idea and we have used one of these the last two or so winters and even works great on grass. Is a Hard Pickup Bed Liner. We had to take a two by four and a piece of plywood to strengthen up the front of the Bed liner to make it last and a good place to tie the ropes thru, and as you know they have a front section on them that goes up behind the bed of the Truck. They work great!! They will learn to duck behind the front section when you start taking off fast. LOL

Now let them boys have some fun!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
video idea:
old rope and a used office chair - 5 wheel safe one
rubbermaid trash cans to knock over
music:
drowning pool - let the bodies hit the floor

·
Banned
904 Posts
Nipples,

At Boggs last weekend they had some ******** pulling a car hood with a chair bolted to it. I was amazedc at how it held up. Depending on the hood, it will be turned up in the front if placed upside down creating a sled effect. As for safety, just make sure the sharp edges are taken care of and they are wearing the proper protection and I think you will be good. At slow speeds it would be fun. In the open air, the exhaust wont play a factor really. You will find a lot of people freak out about that stuff, but we as adults turned out fine doing alot worse stuff. Another option, that I did as a kid, was an old go cart frome with no motor, just wheels. Had a blast ono that thing with the 3 wheeler pulling me...

·
Registered
284 Posts
I was brought up being pulled on a car hood..... Had a few good tumbles.. but had a blast. One of the best things I did as a kid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My friends and I used a VW Beetle hood and made a couple brackets and attached a race seat to the hood. We then used a racing harness for our safety. We had so much fun on that thing behind my friend's quad in the summer, and his truck in the winter. Getting a little beat up is good for kids, it makes them tougher in the long run.

·
Registered
9 Posts
One thing not use, plastic sleds. I dont even know if you can still get them. We tried this once. I was being pulled on one behind a fourwheeler. The only problem is that the grass and dirt caused too much friction, friction = heat, heat = melted sled bottom lol. If your not going fast though it shouldnt matter.

·
Registered
341 Posts
We had something similar when I was young. It wasn't enclosed like that though. Called a skiboose. If the grass is slick enough a cheap plastic swimming pool works well. Especially for smaller kids that need a little structure to keep them in.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts