Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site and have question...... owned numerous ATV's and have always wanted a spray/wipe that will give good shine (especially black) but also provide a surface that is easy to wash.
We deal with alot of mud and even worse red clay that is an s.o.b. to remove.
Am I dreaming or is there a wipe or spray that you apply that allows easier clean up?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,178 Posts
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Mudd-Off-P601-Mud-Release-Agent-1-Quart,2590.html?sku=91080102&utm_medium=CSEGoogle&utm_source=CSE&utm_campaign=CSEGOOGLE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI88u_pLuH4gIVBNlkCh1kRQDIEAQYASABEgL-u_D_BwE

There’s a plethora of options in that category, google “mud off spray”

Used to use it in the dirt track racing game, baby oil works too, mix it with water in a weed sprayer and spray it on in the morning before you ride

Be aware that whatever you use in that manner will make mud easier to wash off, but will also make dry dust stick, which is still easy to wash off, you’ll just lose that “shine”

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
42 Posts
Several guys around my area use the newer Amsoil Mudslinger. I have 6 cans ,but haven't tried it yet.
I have used Lucas Slick mist on the painted plastic and black plastic parts. I use WD-40 on the under parts,
engine,trans, shocks,wheel wells, ect...
I know some guys I've talked to on the trail, use Pledge furniture polish on everything.
I don't use Pledge, because I own a collision/body shop. Pledge contains a bunch silicone ,
which is a big no-no near any painting area.
I may have to check now and make sure Mudslinger does't have silicone either.
If it does I will have to make sure to use it at home and not the bodyshop when I clean the Rzr.
Same would apply to pledge , I guess.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Blud Lubricants makes a great "Blud Detailer" spray that makes it look like new after a wash. They also have a pre spray for when you know it's gonna be a muddy or goopy experience.

·
The Lone Rzr
2,223 Posts
I've tried all the expensive type sprays and then stopped wasting my money.
Most of them attract more dust especially tire foam but it does make your ride look brand new.
Any furniture polish does a better job and less than 2 bucks a can.
Polaris even recommends it
My buddy just spent $50 a gallon for some kind of cleaner and i gave him some furniture polish. He was amazed at the results.
We just got back from a trip up north with the red dust and clay.
Simple wash and it came off.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I’ve used Pledge in the past. It makes the Rzr look pretty good but doesn’t really last that long. I just coated mine this past weekend with Meguairs Back to Black Plastic Trim Restorer. Makes the machine look almost new again and really adds some shine. Not sure how long it will last yet but I’m hoping for longer than Pledge.
It is definitely more work to put on though. You have to work it into the plastic. But that does lead me to think that it should last longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
Maxima SC1, aka "New Bike in a Can".

I usually just use Pledge furniture polish on mine (and silicone spray on everything below the fenders), but when you really want to spiff it up, SC1 is the best stuff I've found.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I bought into the SC1 story and bought 2 cans last year. Just tossed them in the trash last week. It does some good things and great look but it’s a dust/dirt magnet. Just sitting in my garage for a week and my machine looked worse than after several rides with a Pledge finish. I ride dry desert and try to avoid mud rides so don’t need moisture protection. In fact we avoid a lot of washing, maybe wash after 3-4 rides and blow off with air in between.
What you use depends on your riding conditions, IMO. I’m going to try Meguires new Tech Wax 2.0 next. I waxed my car and it was easy on-easy off with a deep shine. Even dirty now from dust and pine tree pollen it still shines through.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nu Shine “RZR Aid” It’s amazing. I put it on everything, plastic, rims, windshield, helmets. I used to use the waxes until a buddy told me about this stuff

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I too use the back-to-black on my plastics and it makes it look better than new. Definitely takes some work to rub it in, but it lasts a while. I use a Mother’s spray/wipe wax on the paint. Good shine and easy. I avoid mud, but on the east coast, extensive cleaning is required after every ride. Idk what I’d do without a pressure washer lol.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I too use the back-to-black on my plastics and it makes it look better than new. Definitely takes some work to rub it in, but it lasts a while. I use a Mother’s spray/wipe wax on the paint. Good shine and easy. I avoid mud, but on the east coast, extensive cleaning is required after every ride. Idk what I’d do without a pressure washer lol.
Mothers sells a back to black spray also. It works great and lasts for months. but wipe it off the painted plastic parts before it dries or it will leave a overspray look that lasts for months too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use Chemical Guys V07 Soap from a foam cannon during wash, then once dry go over it with Chemical Guys V07 Spray Detailer/Sealant. Works great in keeping the RZR clean and easy to wash but does attract fine dust like others say.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have used Protect All on my bikes for years and now on my`17 RZR . I buy it at Wal Mart in the RV section . Works on all parts of the machine .

·
2017 XP 1000
49 Posts
Ive been using black magic tire shine ... works well but a deep power washing usually gets it off the machine ... i notice dirt comes off much easier for each wash

·
Registered
158 Posts
I use a combo of SC1 and Lucas tire shine. This is the best combo that I've found for a shine and keeping clean up fairly easy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
Blue blazes dressing for me. Only 1 place locally that sells in gallons. Put in a spray bottle from Lowe’s. Makes plastic look great, easily to apply, mud and dirt comes off easily. DO NOT apply to steering wheel or floor board!!! Too slippery.

303 products for seats works great too. Not as slippery as armor all.

Amsoil mudbusters works but an aerosol can is not the best method of application for an entire UTV!

·
Registered
572 Posts
i use pledge (with a lemony scent :big-grin) imho best bang for the $$. a can of pledge will last me a long time and it seems that my Cali dirt doesn't stick.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts