Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with this winch tell me where you located the contactor for best use of available wire that came with it. The cables to the battery from the contactor are only 2 1/2 feet long. RZR is 150 miles away and I want to go prepared for the install.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The cables for the contactor to winch are 7 feet long. The review of this winch on a RZR has the contactor located on the firewall. I would think that the color coded cables would be just the opposite length they came in for them to reach there targets if it was mounted it there.
on edit: I am meaning the firewall (bulkhead) between the cab and the front end not the firewall between the engine and the cab.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Ya, I have a Viper but the same situation.
I used the long cables (yellow and blue in my case) to go from the battery to the contactor on the fire wall above the passengers feet. Then I used the short black and red wires to go from the contactor to the winch.

I think they have those cables in stock for a different vehicle, and that is why we get them color coded backwards...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tuff, I figured out it was a universal wiring kit and would have to jerry rig the wires. Not use to half assing things. Lets see yellow to red, blue to black, red to yellow, black to blue. That ought to screw up the next owner! The remote and regular switch has about 6 foot wires, guess I will have to cut them down so I dont have to wire tie up a gazillion miles of wire.

·
The Beast
336 Posts
I mounted mine under the seat close to the battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts