Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you determine the proper spring rate to order?
I would assume it has to do with weight.
I'm a generous sized person ( PC for Fat) and my son who rides with me a lot is a good sized boy (PC for not fat yet but has an easy road to it)
Which spring rate is best for larger riders?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Contact Steve at Makin Trax, he's very helpful and he doesn't pressure you to buy his springs, although they seem to be very popular.

·
Banned
399 Posts
Contact Steve at Makin Trax, he's very helpful and he doesn't pressure you to buy his springs, although they seem to be very popular.
x2

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
x3 have them and will never give them up....steve will ask you about alot of things and get you the right stuff...be it his or something else... plus hes a great guy to boot

·
Banned
399 Posts
The thing I love about Steve is he is a straight shooter and he sells a great product and knows his shit.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
X 4, 5 & 6.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
Not much point in me answering. It's been answered 7 times
But X8
Just so I get another post. I'm turning into such a whore

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Yeah, you are...:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have been talking to Steve via email and telephone about his springs and I will be picking up a set within the next couple of days. He is a very cool dude and he will give you as much info as you need on suspension.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I put Steve's 300 lb. springs on the rear, and moved the OEM rear springs to the front. No preload on the front, just enough on the rear to achieve around 12" clearance (ab out 1/4" preload). Took all dampening off the shocks, and while it handled well, found it was still a bit stiff (I have two people at a total of about 340 lbs., tools, compressor, jack, spare tire, etc.). Spoke with Steve, who suggested I remove the sway bar link on one side in the rear. Did this, and it was so plush I actually had to turn the dampening up a bit. Like others have said, get with Steve, buy the King's, and take Steve's advice! :ride:

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
I put Steve's 300 lb. springs on the rear, and moved the OEM rear springs to the front. No preload on the front, just enough on the rear to achieve around 12" clearance (ab out 1/4" preload). Took all dampening off the shocks, and while it handled well, found it was still a bit stiff (I have two people at a total of about 340 lbs., tools, compressor, jack, spare tire, etc.). Spoke with Steve, who suggested I remove the sway bar link on one side in the rear. Did this, and it was so plush I actually had to turn the dampening up a bit. Like others have said, get with Steve, buy the King's, and take Steve's advice! :ride:
That is great! Glad that worked out for you.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Steve, you said you went up one rate on the rear springs with mine. What did I end up with front and rear?? I am totally enjoying whatever you did...lol

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
Steve, you said you went up one rate on the rear springs with mine. What did I end up with front and rear?? I am totally enjoying whatever you did...lol
225 front and 300 rear, but only because I saw all the accessories......spare tire, lock&ride box(I imagined a complete craftsman tool kit in), two gas can holders ect. and you are not a petite guy. Shot in the dark.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
225 front and 300 rear, but only because I saw all the accessories......spare tire, lock&ride box(I imagined a complete craftsman tool kit in), two gas can holders ect. and you are not a petite guy. Shot in the dark.
Well, it worked awesome! :yr1:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts