Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am in the process of putting on a +3 long travel kit on my 2012 RZR. the rear cv joints came off the axle shafts with not too much of a fight. i used a brass drift and a BFH. The fronts didnt work out quite as planned.
the first one i got tired of beating on it. so i disasembled the inner cv and put it in a press. well it came apart but split the star of the cv in the process.
back to beating on it. i got the outer out but really had to beat the living ---- out of it. the second inner i split the star again but this time with the BFH and the brass drift.
all of the cir clips were grooved from the splines. when i did the rears i will be able to reuse those clips.
the outer cv joints looked ok with no visible cracks on the star of the cv.
are the fronts on the 2012 redesigned to not come apart, and to be replaced as a assembly?
did i miss something. every directions and you tube video said the same thing, it worked on the rear but not the fronts.

the other oddball thing was that the rear shafts were not what was expected for axle length. the shafts that came with the kit were too long, so custom shafts had to be ordered. the difference was 9/16.

thinking after all of this i should have just bought the "S" and avoid riding areas that it would be too wide. or just left it stock.

i now need two inner cv joints, any sugestions on who's to use.
i got the +3LT and a Racer Tech 2 inch lift. nothing extreme.

thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
price new inner cv at EPI for $110 each
any thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts