Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock seat belts are very, very hard to adjust. The metal slider portion with the male end that clicks into the female will barely slide up and down the belt!!! It takes both hands and a lot of grunting.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there any cure other than a 4 point rig? I really don't want a 4 point as I have to get in and out many times to open/close gates.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the same problem with mine.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
A few questions. Have they always been this way, or has the problem got worse as time goes on? Do you ride in a lot of muddy conditions? I noticed mine were very difficult to adjust when the black belts were dirty. It is a very close fit between the fabric belt and the metal piece. I used to clean mine regularly, and then take a bar of soap (dry) and rub it on the belt fabric to make them slide easier.
Then my retracting mechanisms got so fouled up with mud that I decided to put in 4 point harnesses. Some days I only use the lap belt when just travelling at low speeds.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
If that is the case, then I would talk to your dealer about it. Every manufacturer I know of wants to avoid liability claims. If you get hurt because you couldn't buckle up, that is a problem. They may have had a tolerence issue. It's worth a phone call to see if they will replace your belts at no charge.

·
Registered
317 Posts
My mechanism catches and will not let belt go out unless I work with it, and sometimes it will go out, but not always. Been like that senses new. Wifes side works good.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The short period of time I had them on my Rzr they got caked up with mud and sand and were starting to get hard to adjust.

I solved the problem though by installing Pro Armor 5pt harnesses. That and the wife set forth a mandate...you want a Rzr get a harness. No arguments here... LOL

·
Registered
657 Posts
Look at the PRP 4 pt harness. It has a standard seatbelt type closure. Makes it as quick as a regular seatbelt to get in and out. Much safer though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My mechanism catches and will not let belt go out unless I work with it, and sometimes it will go out, but not always. Been like that senses new. Wifes side works good.
Mine used to act up as well, dirt would get into the retracting mechanism. I now put the pressure washer into that area and pull the belt in & out getting rid of the dirt,

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
I had to pressure wash mine after just about every ride. Even when I would spray the mechanism with a friendly lubricant, they would act up at a very bad time on the trails. I chalked my failure up to heavy abuse in extremely hostile conditions. But we still wanted some protection at a minimum, and lots of protection for the really rough stuff. A set of UTV Inc 4 point harnesses is one of the smartest mods I've done to our RZR!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Actually, I read somewhere that the 2012 and earlier machines' 'male' belt latches weren't designed to easily slide like what we are use to in our cars. I also read that 2013's were equipped with "Flow-through seatbelt tongue for easy adjustment" Not sure why they were designed to not slide easily in the first place. Found the info in a press release from Polaris about 2013 updates

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone. I went to the Dealer today and they said for unknown reasons they were designed that way. :rollfinger:

So it is going to cost me to replace them I will get the 4 PT harness!! :ride:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts