Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
putting superatv s kit on, pull on axle like a mofo, and i think I removed the axle from the cv, which the cv joint is still in the gear case, i want to keep it intack, how do i get the rest of it out of the gear case.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok got axles out, notice on right side there is some bits and pieces in the gear case, on the left side i can't even see in the gear case, so what ever part on the left side thats keeps me from seeing in it is in pieces on the other side, anyone got any ideals on what that is. i know it is not the roll cage assembly. looks like it is in the output hub.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have no clue. I took my axles off do to me buying LT kit and the fronts were F-ing crazy. I sprayed them with a lubricant for two days then they finally gave up. Rusty as hell in there. Can you post a pic of what your seeing?

·
Bent Motorsports
938 Posts
ya need photos. a little anti seize goes a long way in the future

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lets see if this works, the 1st pic should be the left side, which you cant see in the front diff, the 2nd and 3rd are is the right side,which you can see in front diff, and the next ones are want I pulled out of the front diff on that side, it looks dry in there, is that piece really needed?

Attachments

·
Bent Motorsports
938 Posts
definitely rusty. hard to say if there is damage. if the cv splines that came out look in tacked then i would just clean it up and run it

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fixed it, took it apart put a rubber plug in the back, fits very tight which should keep anything out of there,

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey guys.

I'm trying to replace my front sprague, but the damn axles wont seem to come out...are they just rusted in there and what is the best way to get them out?

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts