Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the option to switch an order from a pro xp 4 premium to be delivered in December to a pro r 4 premium or sport.

timing is not an issue for the order.
I’m not thrilled with the turbo engine and would want a Na engine and getting the older design seems wasteful suspension/trans wise. I ordered pre price increase for the pro do….If I switch my order to the pro R, the sport will cost me about 5500 more or the premium is around 7200 more. Just wondering if the engine, new belt system and suspension is worth the increased cost…..

what would you guys do?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just ordered a pro R 4 ultimate so I say go for the pro R 4. I really like the four modes and am looking forward to track mode where it lowers
the car. In turns I always worry about rolling it but in reality I have only bicycled it twice. I am selling my Trubo S

·
Registered
380 Posts
The R does have some draw backs so your riding style/locale is something to consider. The R is to wide for trails around here. we frequently go up to Wisc and they actually have restrictions on widths, and most stop at 64" due to trail width restrictions.

It's also 300ish lbs heavier and 10" longer. Just some things to consider.

Dont get me wrong it looks like it's going to be a monster, and I do actually have a buddy that's got one on order so i'll get some seat time in it, but it's probably not going to be for me.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I ordered a TurboR 4 and have a Pro XP4 Ultimate in the garage. I’m not sure I care or need the engine/trans from the ProR regardless of how badass it is.

This will be fourth RZR with the Turbo motor and I have no reason not to keep getting Turbo’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I debated this situation myself. I decided to stick to my order of the ‘22 Pro XP Ultimate. I like the shorter wheel base and the less weight plus it won’t be a 1st Gen.

But to put it in perspective, and this was my thought process in possibly making the switch to a Pro R, I already have about 10k worth of mods alone on order. That’s just for long travel kit, cage and doors and I haven’t factored in the shock tune yet.

the car will be 37k out the door plus add the so far 10k in mods, I think that still puts me under the OTD price for a Pro R ultimate and I’ll be able to hopefully ride sooner.

The biggest selling point on The Pro R for me is definitely the 4cyl engine. So in order to justify my decision on the Pro XP, I’ll just go with a complete E85 tune and clutch tune to churn out more HP…yea it’ll cost money but I think I’ll still have a pretty nice car compared to the Pro R.

All depends how much money you wanna spend honestly.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I debated this situation myself. I decided to stick to my order of the ‘22 Pro XP Ultimate. I like the shorter wheel base and the less weight plus it won’t be a 1st Gen.

But to put it in perspective, and this was my thought process in possibly making the switch to a Pro R, I already have about 10k worth of mods alone on order. That’s just for long travel kit, cage and doors and I haven’t factored in the shock tune yet.

the car will be 37k out the door plus add the so far 10k in mods, I think that still puts me under the OTD price for a Pro R ultimate and I’ll be able to hopefully ride sooner.

The biggest selling point on The Pro R for me is definitely the 4cyl engine. So in order to justify my decision on the Pro XP, I’ll just go with a complete E85 tune and clutch tune to churn out more HP…yea it’ll cost money but I think I’ll still have a pretty nice car compared to the Pro R.

All depends how much money you wanna spend honestly.
Why don’t you switch your order to a Turbo R? Save a ton of money, have a much better suspension, and have the latest and greatest?

Buying a pro XP and adding long travel is pretty dumb now that the turbo R is released. I don’t mean to be so harsh buts it’s reality. If you already own a pro XP that’s different of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP Premium
1,287 Posts
I have a Pro XP.

Will I buy a Pro R? NO!

Why not? Because I already have an awesome machine that I have a truckload of money in.

If I was without the Pro, and shopping today, I would buy the Pro R. The extra bang is worth the extra bucks, between the two, but just not enough to give up what I currently have and start over.

If I were in your shoes instead of mine I would switch to the Pro R for sure.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The only two things that hold me back on the new machines is the long rear trailing arms. They look like they would hang up easy.
And it’s gonna be a while before we have any good aftermarket (high clearance) options with the added difficulty of manufacturing it with a toe link.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Only two things to consider - Price and Timing - if you have the $ - then Pro R, as long as you are willing to wait a bit longer - the Premium and Sport R's will trail behind the Launch (January/Feb delivery), then the first allocation of Ultimate's (March/April delivery) - then the first allocation of premium and sport R's will follow (April/May/June delivery). Note the timing above is for the R - not the Turbo R which timing has not been announced yet, - just stated "spring 2022") - the Second batch of Pro R allocations will come out in May and be delivered June or after - just be sure you are in the first batch and that the times noted above work for you.

GLWD - no bad choice - if you live out west you give up the prime dunes season - but your get the best car for our type of riding out here - Pro R.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Why don’t you switch your order to a Turbo R? Save a ton of money, have a much better suspension, and have the latest and greatest?

Buying a pro XP and adding long travel is pretty dumb now that the turbo R is released. I don’t mean to be so harsh buts it’s reality. If you already own a pro XP that’s different of course.

Because I don’t want to wait for a Turbo R. I’m not quite sure when I’d ever get my hands on one. I’d much rather switch to the Pro R before the Turbo R.

Quite frankly I wasn’t expecting for two different 4 seaters being released. I may not have the Pro XP on my hands yet , but all long travel parts where already bought and paid for along with other mods as if I have the car because some of these goods are weeks and months out of production as well.

I’d like to think that I’ll have a a decent car the way I want it much sooner than the Turbo R. Then maybe a year or two from now I may upgrade to the Pro R.

if you wanna call that dumb, that’s ok with me, it’s not your money….

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
So I went ahead and switched from my previous order of the Pro XP4 Ultimate to the Pro R4 Ultimate. I found one allocation left that was available through a dealer across the country and I took it.

This will come at a loss after having to cancel a few orders of parts for the Pro XP as well as lose the deposit on the order of the car.

At the end of the day, based on delivery of the Pro XP and the mounting parts list, my desires come up short in the power deliver and the sacrifice in longevity of reliability of my list of mods for the power train.

based upon some research, the clutch issues on Pro XP became a concern. As OCD as I can be and meticulous as I am, after looking into research an price points to address any issues with aftermarket clutch parts, I convinced myself to make the switch….

These are MY OPINIONS and I’m not here to convince anyone or talk bad about your decisions of which car to go with. My list of aftermarket parts from long travel to shock rebuild and engine/clutch tunning and the dollars it’s gonna cost just made more sense for me to switch models.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
So I went ahead and switched from my previous order of the Pro XP4 Ultimate to the Pro R4 Ultimate. I found one allocation left that was available through a dealer across the country and I took it.

This will come at a loss after having to cancel a few orders of parts for the Pro XP as well as lose the deposit on the order of the car.

At the end of the day, based on delivery of the Pro XP and the mounting parts list, my desires come up short in the power deliver and the sacrifice in longevity of reliability of my list of mods for the power train.

based upon some research, the clutch issues on Pro XP became a concern. As OCD as I can be and meticulous as I am, after looking into research an price points to address any issues with aftermarket clutch parts, I convinced myself to make the switch….

These are MY OPINIONS and I’m not here to convince anyone or talk bad about your decisions of which car to go with. My list of aftermarket parts from long travel to shock rebuild and engine/clutch tunning and the dollars it’s gonna cost just made more sense for me to switch models.
Good for you. I think you’ll be very pleased with your decision in the long run.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think people are going to have a hard time putting them in toy haulers. The pro r is much taller then all the people in the video standing next to it.

not going to switch. I got my 22 pro xp4 ultimate for 29k before taxes. Not worth another 10-15k. The pro r is for someone who is going to hit the whoops at 75 mph. I ride in dunes 99% of the time and the pro xp is more than plenty. They are making these machines to be similar to Mint 400 racers and it is just more than anyone will ever use. Jmo

1 - 20 of 29 Posts