Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
jkerby90
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if there is a Mount on the Market for the 2 Way Radio set ups for the New Pro XP?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I haven't seen one yet. There isnt a ton of room for one without some good modifications it appears. Im debating on having a custom center console fabbed to put them just in front of the shifter basically where the little cubby hole is now.

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
According to Rugged Radios... they will not be making a dash mount because there is no room. They will have a center console mount between the seats available in about 2 weeks

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Crazy how slow the aftermarket is to develop products for the Pro. The Kawi has only been out for a couple weeks and Rugged has mounts available already.

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
Yeah that is because Kawasaki got with them months ago before release ...and Polaris didn't ...that's what they told me

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mounted the two way radio and intercom in the rear center console. 704Offroad.com fabricated the mount and installed the radios.
Works very well and does not get muddy / dusty. I believe Josh at 704Offroad is working with Rugged to provide the template to them.
Picture attached to this post is from the passenger side. Sorry not the best picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
To be fair I believe Kawi had Rugged on board since before it's release. The day it was released they were doing dealer demo rides and rugged was on site with intercoms and radios already in each rig.

I also think the other delay is the fact Polaris is in kahoots with PCI since they sell their products. Rugged I'm sure has to wait to get their hands on one just like the rest of us unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
I have been told the Rugged mount will also have a lid for radio protection, with some sort of built in arm rest as well. as per Rugged today ...To M4aviation ...that is a nice set up

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
To be fair I believe Kawi had Rugged on board since before it's release. The day it was released they were doing dealer demo rides and rugged was on site with intercoms and radios already in each rig.

I also think the other delay is the fact Polaris is in kahoots with PCI since they sell their products. Rugged I'm sure has to wait to get their hands on one just like the rest of us unfortunately.
PCI has nothing available either.They said if they can ever get a Pro, they can start designing a mount that might be available in January. Not a very good relationship IMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I called Rugged today and they said the end of the Jan the mounts will be available. They didn’t say where the mounts were being placed though.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
I got the PCI one and started the install yesterday. Took hours to get the center console apart. I can't image what Polaris engineers where thinking when they designed that thing. What a nightmare.
At least you got yours apart.. I was real close to breaking out the sawzall last night before calling it a night. Was told that there is a center console removal YouTube video floating around, but haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That looks Sweet! I'm wondering if a hinged lexan cover would be a good idea?
I got the PCI one and started the install yesterday. Took hours to get the center console apart. I can't image what Polaris engineers where thinking when they designed that thing. What a nightmare.
Did you like the PCI mount? I'm getting a radio installed ASAP and wondering if I should do the PCI one or wait for the rugged solution.

Thanks,
Jason

1 - 20 of 63 Posts