Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
967 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you are going to do any crawling - get the full skid - well worth it when needed.

I like the Factory UTV - 3/8" is all you need - unless you are crawling all the time - no need to carry the extra weight of 1/2 for dunes and desert - get the cross brace in the back for added protection as well.

link: Polaris RZR Pro R UHMW Skid Plate - in 1/2" or 3/8" - Factory UTV -
I had exactly that on the last RZR- top notch quality for sure. Not a rock crawler guy and it adds some weight for sure so just weighing the cost/benefit deal...

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you are going to do any crawling - get the full skid - well worth it when needed.

I like the Factory UTV - 3/8" is all you need - unless you are crawling all the time - no need to carry the extra weight of 1/2 for dunes and desert - get the cross brace in the back for added protection as well.

link: Polaris RZR Pro R UHMW Skid Plate - in 1/2" or 3/8" - Factory UTV -
I like factory UTV also had it on two buggys so far. I do recommend a half inch the reason is because there’s an extra 8th inch of material to countersink the washers and bolts into. With the three eights you will sometimes wind up catching a bolt. With the half-inch I have not had that happen yet. I did modify mine where the toe link connects to the chassis so that it fits better

·
Vendor
1,208 Posts
I like factory UTV also had it on two buggys so far. I do recommend a half inch the reason is because there’s an extra 8th inch of material to countersink the washers and bolts into. With the three eights you will sometimes wind up catching a bolt. With the half-inch I have not had that happen yet. I did modify mine where the toe link connects to the chassis so that it fits better
I have to say this is probably the biggest advantage of the 1/2" skid. The bolts hang down just enough to scrape on rocks with the 3/8", and I have snapped heads off when I had a 3/8" on my XP1K. The material is nearly unbreakable but the 3/8" will flex more if you really bottom out on something hard.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts