Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

· Looking for a good ride.
497 Posts
I have now done two different 75mile rides and have mileage data. First trip in 4x4 it seems like it was almost 1% fuel per mile. Second trip was on and off 4x4 and got significantly better mileage, seemed like 40% fuel got me 60+ miles. All riding was cruising, not high speed or hard. Just trail riding and rock crawling

· Registered
520 Posts

Averaged 9.03 mpg the second outing doing mostly trail riding and keeping the throttle position switch on ROCK mode…which slows down the throttle sensitivity. I feel that a good clutch kit to lock it up sooner in the rpm range could both help performance and mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was wondering about the same thing with the clutch kit. Bikeman said it might be possible to use there kit to get some improvement. Nice wheels and tires went with the same. My wheels are on the way and the tires are in the garage.

· Premium Member
1,066 Posts

Averaged 9.03 mpg the second outing doing mostly trail riding and keeping the throttle position switch on ROCK mode…which slows down the throttle sensitivity. I feel that a good clutch kit to lock it up sooner in the rpm range could both help performance and mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice Car - Are those 35's ?

· Registered
6 Posts
My hunting trip was pure mud tall mountain peaks and with 34” tires I got between 60-70 miles before I couldn’t take the low fuel light on dash anymore I think it had 1-2 gallons still in it when I refused, this was consistent over the 4-5 refuelings , alway carried 30 gallons of extra fuel on roof rack to make sure I could get back when I was going 60+ miles offroad

· Registered
18 Posts
My hunting trip was pure mud tall mountain peaks and with 34” tires I got between 60-70 miles before I couldn’t take the low fuel light on dash anymore I think it had 1-2 gallons still in it when I refused, this was consistent over the 4-5 refuelings , alway carried 30 gallons of extra fuel on roof rack to make sure I could get back when I was going 60+ miles offroad
That's pretty short. I'm assuming you meant 3 gallons. I would think open desert hard pack would make a huge difference as you'd get into high gearing. 70 miles isn't enough.

· Registered
6 Posts
Well full tank allows me to get
Out 60-70 miles, keep in mind I’m overloaded on way in then I set up base camp and hunt from there I have gas left when I’m don’t but overloaded with larger mud tires you can get 60-70 up here in Alaska that pretty common hunt distamce
And it works awesome for me, other then the piece of crap Polaris pro he 6k winch that don’t work after the first time needing it.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts