Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Trying to install mine today. I hope I don’t have that problem the only primary spring I have is a black one. My problem is I have two of the brand new sniper weights that any of the three black pin bolts will stick and bind on those two sniper weights. The third sniper weight any of the three black pin bolts will glide through smoothly. I have carefully checked for any debris marks or anything in the bushings on the weights and on the pin bolts. Everything looks good. Seems odd but appears that two of my new sniper weights have slightly undersized bushings. All three pin bolts glide smoothly through all three stock weights. Not sure if I should put it back to stock and return those weights to BikeMan or not.

I put the stock weights back in.

· Registered
206 Posts
My experience with aftermarket weights and tight (through) bolts is after running without addressing this issue you will have a bitch of a time removing tight through bolts if installed as described. Had this exact scenario with another machine and clutch kit.

Condensation from heat cycles combined with dust seized them up.

I really like the sniper weights. A lot!!

· Registered
206 Posts
I have Bikeman clutch kit with snyper weights.. Yellow Primary spring. Gold/Red secondary spring. AA helix. Bikeman stage 2 tune. Evo single outlet muffler.

Long set screw to left heel and long set screw right to toe.
(2) each round magnets holes 1&2. Sweet Primary engagement!!
8400ish WOT @ 60 mph last time I checked.
Stock cams.

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
My experience with aftermarket weights and tight (through) bolts is after running without addressing this issue you will have a bitch of a time removing tight through bolts if installed as described. Had this exact scenario with another machine and clutch kit.

Condensation from heat cycles combined with dust seized them up.

I really like the sniper weights. A lot!!
I put the stock weights back in better safe than sorry. I’ll call them Monday easiest just to have them send out two new weights.

· Registered
115 Posts
I have Bikeman clutch kit with snyper weights.. Yellow Primary spring. Gold/Red secondary spring. AA helix. Bikeman stage 2 tune. Evo single outlet muffler.

Stock cams.
60mph at WOT? I've hit 87mph with stock clutching and tune.

· CB-BLR
285 Posts

Stock cams.
I have a Bikeman clutch kit as well, with snyper weights...Yellow Primary Spring, Gold/Red secondary spring, AA Helix.
Bikeman Stage 3 tune with cams, AA header, RPM chambered muffler, and RPM intake tubes.

Long set screw to the left heel, and medium set screw to the toe, a small and a medium to the right toe.
(2) each round magnets in holes 1&2...1850 rpm engagement (Sweet Primary Engagement!!)
35 inch Pro armor Crawler tires (they really measure 34 inches)

On 6.5-7% constant uphill grade:

8650 rpm WOT at 60 mph, 8850 rpm at 91 mph before running out of road. (but still accelerating)
This is using a STALKER recording radar gun.

The Bikeman muffler pulls 8900 rpm on the top end (at the top of the hill), but no increase in speed by the end of the run...just a little too loud for my 60 year old ears.

Still doing product testing, as I just got myself a Draggy...but the weather sucks here right now.

Chris
Bottom Line Racing

· Registered
2 Posts
Agreed but a good clutch kit will be much more predictable then the stock one.....and burning belts with us is generally related to tire size/weight..(or driver error...lol)...I burn belts way easier with stock clutches. My 21 highlifter was probably the worst at burning belts. Every time I go up in tire size, I look clutch kits. We have all done gear reduction which is pretty much a prerequisite on the xp's, turbos, and turbo S.. My son's 2019 xp has a duraclutch....it's a fairly built xp1000, and the best crawling xp I've driven because of the dependable solid low rpm engagement.

Since I have 35's on my pro r, I am looking for a clutch kit now. Really want Dalton or Duraclutch but may settle for the aftermarket assassins for now. Get a good clutch kit and you will see and feel the improvement, especially if you like steep technical trails like we run here on the east coast.
Does duraclutch have something in the works for the Pro r ?

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I’m not sure if I’m reading this correctly. The Rro R already has an incredibly low gear. I wouldn’t want to reduce mine another 33%. And if the TVM portal only has 5/8” of lift then to me it seems pointless. I do appreciate that they may have figured out a way to keep from adding so much width while retaining strength.
google search for TVM portal killers doesn’t produce any relevant results.
The more I think about it I want to walk this back a bit. While I’m not completely sold on the idea of a 33% reduction that would depend on just how big you went with tire size. Maybe a 15% or 20% For the 37“-39” mentioned. The 5/8“ rise would help keep CG down. Still cant see how to pull that off without cropping the axel tips or going forward or backward with the axel changing wheelbase. Maybe as little as a 2” rise without a wheelbase change. I might be in for that. Time will tell.

· CB-BLR
285 Posts
My understand is that Project UTV is testing prototypes of a gear reduction in the transfer case...12% in high, and 33% in low. I did a gear reduction on my Turbo S, and loved it...but the gearing in the PRO R seems pretty good.

· CB-BLR
285 Posts
If I had my wish...a 10% gear reduction in both high and low is what I would desire. The 10% to make up the difference between running the stock 32 inch tire, and a true 35 inch tire....which is a 9.375% difference. I don't care whether it is in the transfer case...or the differentials. Probably easier in the transfer case.

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I’m still holding out for the Bikeman clutch kit. I’ve heard it does the trick. Still waiting on the sniper weights first set had two weights that the pivot bolts would not fit through.

· CB-BLR
285 Posts
I’m still holding out for the Bikeman clutch kit. I’ve heard it does the trick. Still waiting on the sniper weights first set had two weights that the pivot bolts would not fit through.
After A LOT of testing...I really like the Bikeman clutch kit with the snyper weights...and the AA helix. -- Like super duper really like the setup!!

· Registered
322 Posts
After A LOT of testing...I really like the Bikeman clutch kit with the snyper weights...and the AA helix. -- Like super duper really like the setup!!
thats nice you could try them both ….

have been browsing some review and based on my own experience havent had the best luck w AA kits . Hard to dial it in for trail riding and crawling which is what i enjoy As well . My 21 turbo S just put a stiffer secondary spring and was better than every combination of AA weights and helix on My 18 dynamix . Don’t really care about going 90 just want the belt to grab through 60….

looking forward to trying the BM setup on the new rig

· Registered
90 Posts
I have a Bikeman clutch kit as well, with snyper weights...Yellow Primary Spring, Gold/Red secondary spring, AA Helix.
Bikeman Stage 3 tune with cams, AA header, RPM chambered muffler, and RPM intake tubes.

Long set screw to the left heel, and medium set screw to the toe, a small and a medium to the right toe.
(2) each round magnets in holes 1&2...1850 rpm engagement (Sweet Primary Engagement!!)
35 inch Pro armor Crawler tires (they really measure 34 inches)

On 6.5-7% constant uphill grade:

8650 rpm WOT at 60 mph, 8850 rpm at 91 mph before running out of road. (but still accelerating)
This is using a STALKER recording radar gun.

The Bikeman muffler pulls 8900 rpm on the top end (at the top of the hill), but no increase in speed by the end of the run...just a little too loud for my 60 year old ears.

Still doing product testing, as I just got myself a Draggy...but the weather sucks here right now.

Chris
Bottom Line Racing
I only have the bikeman double barrel weights. (No magnets)But it seems like a lot of weights you have on your set up. Did u get here with just testing?

41 - 60 of 62 Posts