Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a upgrade for the pro armor door latch using only hand tools most have at home.
Outside view

Inside view

Video

I found the slim line bear claw double latches at speedway motors online

Slim-Line Bear Jaw Door Latch

you will need to order a right and left they are 12.99 each

After removing the spring bolt latch from the door . I used the same hole to mount the new latchs to.
You will need two L brackets to mount the latch to and a 5/8-11 X1/2 bolt with lock washer.

This will Mount the L bracket to the original threaded hole.

Next is a mounting plate for the striker bolt it is 2” x1/4’ x6”

This is bolted on the inside of the door mount at the cage using 5/16 x 1’ bolts with nylocks

I could not find any ½’ u bolts that would work for the striker bolt so I heated up some ½’ all thread and bent it around
a ¾’ square stock to form the u bolts needed. The mounting of this plate should be the last thing mounted.
This way you can clamp it and adjust for door alignment before you drill holes.
To make the lever for the latch I found a piece of alum square tube 2” x 4” x 6”

The nice part about using the square tube is you are cutting both sides at the same time. Or you can use angle stock and do the same thing.

So hope this helps anyone that wants to make utvinc. Like latches for there pro armor doors.
Will try these out this week at sand mtn, Nevada
I still have a similar design that would have a bracket welded on door and a ½” alum solid rod in a L shape
Welded to the mounting tab to use a striker plate just have to talk my buddy into welding it for me

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Thats Nice Great Job Michael ...
x3 on that, I never would have thought of that, I'm getting ready to get some doors (just need to make sure they fit the Fullbore) & those are some quality latches...

& Kudos to you for the pics and video~ That Grade A teaching my friend!!:)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Great job!!

If you're going to the Sand Show you might be in for a surprise.

R U Saying what I think u r saying ???????????????????????:shhh:
:popcorn:
Well this is some news. My doors were delivered today. They fit perfect and the installation went well. I literally just finished installing my doors on my 2011 :redrzr:, I have over a 1/4" of the latch pin sticking through where I drilled. I really doubt this door is going to pop open. So I guess I will see what happens once I take it out for a ride.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
LOL...
so can you add the new "slam" to the old doors?
or do we use the motosx mod?
These will fit all of our RZR doors and will be 100% bolt on to the existing components.

I have been working on these on/off for the last few months. They are already incorporated into our new Ranger XP doors.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
What a great set-up you made for your doors Mike....Way-nice job...Did you make me a set of those way good door latches

·
Vendor
21,938 Posts
our doors are priced the same as yours RZR FORUMS DISCOUNT which is DEALER PRICE.. thats why we made our own.. to hard to COMPETE with the MANUFACTURE when they sell their product for wholesale to the public..

its all in love =]

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Our RZR Forum DISCOUNT has enough margin in it for a dealer to purchase and match the forum pricing. That is another plus with our doors, every order not only supports Pro Armor but also one of the sponsoring vendors on this forum. Every retail order we receive through this board is ran through a dealer that sponsors this board. More often than not we ask the customer if they have a preferred vendor if not then we select a vendor and give them the order. Our pricing and business model allows for us to sell to a dealer and then in turn they can honor the discounted price and still make money.

Nick, you and I spoke several times and I assured you that there are margins for your company in our doors. If you would still like to pursue this send me a PM or an email.

Thanks and you guys are doing a great job. I may be calling to get a couple of accessories for my RZR 4 that you guys make.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts