Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Go Big or Go Home!
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day I got this bar last week and got it installed, well yesterday I got to take it out on a 50+ miles 9+ hour ride! Personally I love the sound of the exhaust so I listen to it a lot but yesterday it was nice to have some tunes that would override the exhaust for a change. The sound bar is plenty loud enough for me to hear it over the machine (and I don't have the best hearing). It also sounds better than some custom built stereos that was with us that took up a lot more room. This thing when mounted in front like I have it is perfect, it is easily accessible so I can reach up and turn it up or down as well as change songs without taking my eyes off the trail. It is well above eye site so it does not destruct view and point directly at me so I can not turn it no where all the way up. I did seem to keep it pretty loud though, we got out once and I left it on and standing 50 foot behind the RZR I could hear the music clear as a whistle, even over us talking(I have HMF exhaust which is a little louder than stock). I have the Droid Turbo which is a pretty good size phone and it was nice being able to pull it out and pick a album when I wanted to change the pace a little. I took a charger for my phone but it lasted all day with plenty of juice left which was nice( I didn't listen to tunes all day as I had to listen to the exhaust some and we stopped and talked several times as well but for the most part it was playing).

The sound bar is a little larger than a light bar but personally I think it has a big punch for such a small package and takes up fairly little room for such a good sounding system. To me the Bluetooth is the best part but the simple two wire hookup was badass as well. I have a buddy with amp and 4 6.5" speakers in custom built box's that takes up a lot of room and has a lot more wiring but we both thought the sound bar sounded a lot better and clearer. Given the sound bar did cost more but it had a lot of advantages for the price.

Anyone got any experience with the 8" Pro Armor pods? I am curious as to how they sound when coupled with the bar?

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I was impressed with just how good your sound bar sounded yesterday too! Hard to believe that sound was coming from such a small package! And to hear it over all of US talking was really impressive! To say we all like to talk is kind of an understatement! :rofl3:

·
Go Big or Go Home!
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
man I had a blast yesterday! we covered 50+ miles of some really good and slick trails with no dust but I sure dread clean up. I might have to let this thing play during clean up to make it go a little quicker! lol

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I hear ya there buddy! It did take a bit longer than the 10 minutes I told you it would to get mine clean! But it was worth it! It was an absolute blast! But back to the sound bar, man I thought it had pretty good bass for it to be so small. Heck it has better bass than my overhead 6 1/2's!

·
Go Big or Go Home!
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jesse has 4 6.5" over head and an amp wired in powered by am mp3 player and we thought it did better than his two. Not sure what amp he has but for these to just be 3" I think the do real good, not to mention the ease of the bluetooth and the small space it takes up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, I just bought one and plan to install it tonight. Super excited. I am not too good with electronics. I have some wire and a inline fuse. All I need to do is hook to power and ground? Then Bluetooth good to go. Thx

·
Go Big or Go Home!
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, I just bought one and plan to install it tonight. Super excited. I am not too good with electronics. I have some wire and a inline fuse. All I need to do is hook to power and ground? Then Bluetooth good to go. Thx
I guess you have it installed now but yes its simple two wire hook up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts