Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you done Pritchett Canyon in a RZR? I am going to Moab in Oct and a buddy of mine with a wild 4runner wants to tackle Pritchett Canyon. Just wondering how the my XP4 will do out there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The RZR4 can make it, but expect underbody carnage and make sure you have a winch/rope! Only one of the obstacles has a bypass and with all the water this year the trail gets more and more cut out!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a full FUTV skid so no worries there. The guy I am wheeling with has a winch, I will make sure to take some rope though.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like you guys had a great time. I am anxious to see how my XP4 will do on some of those obstacles with the longer wheelbase.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
30" tires aired down a good skid and a rope is all that is needed. I think your buddies will be surprised how well a RZR does down there. The longer wheelbase will help you on Prichett actually the trailing arms will be catching and dragging on the ledges but you will get through with the 30"s no problem. If you don't already have power steering get it before going with 30's trust me I learned the hard way.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sitting on 27.5" super swamper radials but I have the full skid to include trailing arms. Should be a good time!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I take my crawler to Moab 3 to 5 times a year. I think Pritchett would be a nightmare on a UTV. It will probably make it, but not any fun. There are much better trails to run and enjoy than bash your ride trying to get through. You paid a lot money for that thing, enjoy it, don't destroy it. Of course if your wallet is big enough, then have fun. I would not even consider taking my RZR on that trail and I have run it probably 20 times over the years starting in 2001. This past year was the most difficult it has ever been. If you do break, there is no easy way out. You have have to go down everything you went up. Going down in a RZR may not be to bad, but your buddy in the 4Runner won't like it.

Post a damage report when you get back, not to prove my point. Just because I would actually like to know. Also let us know what other trails you hit and enjoyed. I will be taking my RZR in May.

Watch some of the youtube videos of the folks on UTV's. It is to much work to enjoy.

Also make sure you have at least 2 or 3 other well built rigs to help your buddy out if he gets in a bad spot. You will want a winch, there are not many places for him to get turned around to winch you up. At the minimum, bring a snatch block. There are winch points on most of the hard obstacles.

My group broke a rear pinion and rolled 2 rigs last time we did it a few weeks ago.

This is from Pritchett on Sept 5 2012. This obstacle does not have a bypass. Those are 36" tires for reference of the ledge height.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DMoney, appreciate the feedback. I was in Moab back in July for 2 days and only had time to do Fins and Hells Revenge in the RZR. I don't want to break anything by any means. I think my buddy wont have any issues with his 4runner, he is sitting on Pro Rock 60s front and rear, King and bumps all around and 37s with a pretty low center of gravity. I really don't have any desire to break something but at the same time I see videos of RZRs out for the Rally taking it on with no problems...We'll see I guess. I am game but I am also not afraid to admit when I can't do something and turn around.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
DMoney, appreciate the feedback. I was in Moab back in July for 2 days and only had time to do Fins and Hells Revenge in the RZR. I don't want to break anything by any means. I think my buddy wont have any issues with his 4runner, he is sitting on Pro Rock 60s front and rear, King and bumps all around and 37s with a pretty low center of gravity. I really don't have any desire to break something but at the same time I see videos of RZRs out for the Rally taking it on with no problems...We'll see I guess. I am game but I am also not afraid to admit when I can't do something and turn around.
I have never looked at the trail from a RZR perspective. You maybe able to get on some lines that an actual crawler can't.

Your buddies 4Runner sounds sick.

Have fun

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
I'm definitely gonna go in there. If nothing else just for change of scenery and see the obstacles in person from You Tube videos.
My goal is reasonable fun.
I also can enjoy sitting in my RZR seat with the engine off watching others do carnage.
I don't have to be the one getting strapped. I know how to get out and pull one too.

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are those pics from Hells Revenge? Looks like the same spot I took pics from back in July.

We are taking a couple guys that don't 4x4 much (going to do a 30 mile Mountain bike ride as a group with some wheelin thrown in) and want them to have fun too. Should be a good time for all.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
Are those pics from Hells Revenge? Looks like the same spot I took pics from back in July.

We are taking a couple guys that don't 4x4 much (going to do a 30 mile Mountain bike ride as a group with some wheelin thrown in) and want them to have fun too. Should be a good time for all.

Story time....
Yes this is Hell's and Fins. They adjoin. They also adjoin world famous slick rock.
All three trail heads pretty much touch. But stay on your trail. One camping spot and you are seconds away from all three.

One cool thing about Moab is you never know who you will meet or tag along with.
This mountain biker dude was unstoppable. He asked for pictures to be sent home to Calif. He led us for hours. At elevation.

the last biker photo you can see where my S was backed down. Over looks the river. You can get as close to the edge as you dare to.

first photo is small obstacle. Try it with your RZR if you have the guts. We know they go over backwards easy.

fourth photo surprised me. You are at the top of the plateau.....cruisng along...and bam!....three hot tubs are on the trail!. Then just a short distance further "Escalator" is staring at your.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts