Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I threw a belt on my 2014 570 RZR and it got behind the primary clutch. Pulled primary clutch and seal looked OK but apparently was not. After about another 30 miles oil appeared in belt housing. I just got a replacement seal and was about reinstall (I know we have no inner lip on the seal so no case split yeah!). My service manual shows them using PU-50784 to push the seal back in nice and square. I am not afraid to use my own custom pressing tool to put it back in but seeing if anyone has any experience with the universal ones and if they work on the 570. Guessing someone out there has done a seal, or even farther a crank/bearing replacement. I cant find the Polaris one anywhere.

·
Registered
795 Posts
See if you can push it in with your fingers first. Some seals are very soft and don't take a lot of effort to go in. Otherwise use a small hammer to gently tap the outside edge in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used and little piece of 2 x 4 and a dead blow hammer to gently set the chaincase seal on my snowmobile which worked pretty good. It depends how tight the seal goes in. On the other hand, clutch bushings are nearly impossible to put in without a set tool. If it was me on something as critical as the crankcase seal i would buy the tool. Maybe there's an aftermarket equivalent?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kind of the advice I was looking for. I know of this one, but no one can confirm if it works on the 570RZR. I read every question and review also.
Rocky Mountain ATV/UTV web site.
Tusk Crank Puller/Installer Tool
Part# 1177380002 | Mfg Part# 17-8667

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did a little more research and talked to Rocky Mountain. They said that puller is 10MM 1.25 or 12mm 1.25 (adapters included). Can anyone confirm the thread size in the crank? I am seeing 7/16 fine thread which means that one will not work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here is someone who did it on a 900.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had read that thread but we dont have a back lip on our 570RZR so the seal is a press in (and more important WAY easier to remove). I know I will get it in at the end of the day. I am just the kind of guy that likes to use the right tool and in the service manual they push the seal back in with the crank puller/installer. I am sure someone has found a generic alternative somewhere/somehow to the tool we cant find. I am going to Polaris dealer tomorrow to grab my seal and I will ask if they know of any generics, just figured someone has done a crank on 570 RZR somewhere and came up with something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to dealer today. They could order me the tool but would take till end of Feb was $250. If I can get a hold of one I would just have our machine shop make one. I am still trying to find a universal one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is where I am going with it now. I am going to buy the universal one and make 7/16 20 tip on the end (and set the M10 and M12 tips asside). In case anyone ever crosses this thread later in life at least we will know if it worked well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts