Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im replacing my buddys primary clutch on his 2015 s900,my question is on the six bolts that hold the top plate down ,do you put locktite on them and what do i torque them to?thanks for any replys.i watch some videos and one said to check the manual but i dont see it in there

·
Super Moderator
2015 S900
8,246 Posts
Do you have the service manual?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2015 S900
8,246 Posts
ihave the one for my s1000 but i dont know iif its the same
Clutch assembly torque should be the same or very similar.

Reactions: wadewoot

·
Vendor
10,461 Posts
In 14 years of doing clutching I never torqued those 6 bolts and never put loctite on them, they don't have loctite from Polaris either.

For that matter I have never torqued the main bolts holding the clutches on either, use a 18v milwaukee and know when to quit.

I have heard horror stories from people torquing all of the above and breaking clutches to breaking bolts

I know the proper thing to do is torque them but I promise I have never had an issue and have gotten tons of calls about part broke from torquing

Todd

·
Super Moderator
2015 S900
8,246 Posts
My 2012 570 had 4.5 hours on the hourmeter when the clutch started slipping and machine wouldn't move. Bolts had backed out due to no loctite or improper torque from the clutch manufacturer. Service replaced the clutch washers and put it back together properly, had no problems with that in the next 2000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
2015 S900
8,246 Posts
Service manual torque specs for the drive (primary) clutch mounting bolt is 96 ft-lbs; torque specs for the drive clutch spider is 290 ft-lb (Apply 0.4 mL Loctite® 620™).

Reactions: wadewoot

·
Super Moderator
2015 S900
8,246 Posts
Ah, those 6 little ones. Sorry. Their torque is 8 ft-lb or 96 in-lb.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In 14 years of doing clutching I never torqued those 6 bolts and never put loctite on them, they don't have loctite from Polaris either.

For that matter I have never torqued the main bolts holding the clutches on either, use a 18v milwaukee and know when to quit.

I have heard horror stories from people torquing all of the above and breaking clutches to breaking bolts

I know the proper thing to do is torque them but I promise I have never had an issue and have gotten tons of calls about part broke from torquing

Todd
Maybe this is why the full setup that I bought from you blew up in pieces.

·
Vendor
10,461 Posts
Maybe this is why the full setup that I bought from you blew up in pieces.
That would a no if you mean you didn't torque it and used a impact wrench,. if so you would be the first and no idea how that can happen, normally either primary has a crack from factory that gets worse and comes apart or water got on it when hot, or some time in the life of it, it cracked then it happened. Or you used a torque wrench and cracked the spider with what you held it with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts