Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, anyone ever have issues with primary clutch binding? Have about 2500 miles on my 2018 xpt4. Running AA clutch kit, and replaced the sliders in primary and secondary about 250 miles ago. Also running a ZRP primary cover, put that on about 2000 miles ago.
Did a week at the Oregon dunes in March, yesterday was first ride since. At one point came to a tight intersection in the trees and had to reverse, clutch wouldn’t disengage and engine lugged down and stalled out. Pulled the cover and belt, and found the primary was not completely disengaging. Tried a little throttle with belt off and it then stuck wide open. We carefully pried and tapped to take some pressure off the spring, pulled the cover plate, and was able to work it back and forth a few times to free it up. Have never blown a belt in this machine so no cords stuck in there but one could certainly have worked it’s way out of the side of the belt I guess. Did have a decent amount of fine dust in there so we cleaned as best we could, scotch brighted the center post, stainless slider inserts, and cover bushing and put it back together, worked fine getting home. Never saw weird belt temps either before or after.
Short story long, am I on borrowed time and need to just order a new primary? Be more diligent at cleaning? Didn’t see any abnormal wear or broken sliders but going to pull both clutches and look closer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts