Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week i wanted to go down and pay for a xp, the dealer said there getting 2 in march, but they dont have the pricing from polaris yet but as soon as they got it theyd let me know ..ive known them for yrs an they assured me id get 1 of them

im having trouble understanding why we couldnt talk price and get it wrapped up i dont care if i have to wait until april or may...ny weather is crap right now... they said they dont recieve pricing til they recieve there shipment.... any dealers or guys know exactly what could be going on?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was thinking , i was hoping to get otd for 16500 or less on the base red xp...i didnt know if this affected them being able to negotiate... any polaris dealers have any insight on what might be going on? if they told yeah 16500 i would wrap it up aand im cool with waiting.,..it just doesnt seem right

·
Registered
22 Posts
just got my red xp yesterday and I just played the same game I bought a rzr s Christmas eve and with my luck they came out with the xp a week later so super pissed I ordered an xp January second not caring about price mean while I sell my rzr s and go in to pay for the xp and they say they don't know pricing yet and to wait for it to get here all they could tell me was msrp was 19000 cdn minus whatever factory rebates they have that month so now I was realy pissed that if mine never came in until march I loose my 1500 factory rebate so I dug around and told the dealer I was going to buy one in the USA and some how they very quickly came up with 16200 cdn so it all worked out but they defanatly screw everyone around because factory rebates

·
Registered
41,101 Posts
thats what i was thinking , i was hoping to get otd for 16500 or less on the base red xp...i didnt know if this affected them being able to negotiate... any polaris dealers have any insight on what might be going on? if they told yeah 16500 i would wrap it up aand im cool with waiting.,..it just doesnt seem right
Call Star Island Motor Sports 928-772-0855 they have been moving XP's like hot cakes... Ask for Spence...

H

·
0 Posts
Sounds like on of 3 things..
1) they don't want to sell to you..
2) they want to wait until they have one to put in front of you and then try some high pressure sales tactics to get a mint for it..
3) They are holding out for someone who is desperate to come in an offer a ridiculous price to get one..
Like swingarm said..find another dealer..that one smells fishy.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im in ny lol or i think it would be much easier to get one,

so basically there screwing around to save on the rebates? i dont really care as long as i can get the otd price i want thats good enough for me

·
Registered
41,101 Posts
You might be surprised at the price from Spence... Have it shipped to you, no tax on out of state sale... It's worth a call and he can get you one right now...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like on of 3 things..
1) they don't want to sell to you..
2) they want to wait until they have one to put in front of you and then try some high pressure sales tactics to get a mint for it..
3) They are holding out for someone who is desperate to come in an offer a ridiculous price to get one..
Like swingarm said..find another dealer..that one smells fishy.
id bbe very suprised if that was the case , ive known them for yrs and bought several id be suprised to see the same demand in the northeast as the southwest for these, i was feeling it was a rebate type deal they were trying to avoid or something

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
That doesnt sound right at all. All the dealer has to do is call his rep if he didnt have pricing on it. Also most dealers just need a $100-$500 deposit to place a sold order to get it there faster. Sounds more like them being lazy and not wanting to deal with it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not a rebate deal, because there are no rebates to be had on the XP. Rebates are on the 2010 models and sportsman quads I believe.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
years ago someone taught me how to say no just as fast as I can say yes.
You gave them a shot, they rejected you.....walk.

·
Registered
22 Posts
there might not be rebates in the us but I'm here to tell ya that I payed cash for mime yesterday and there was a 1500 factory rebate on it

·
Registered
664 Posts
last week i wanted to go down and pay for a xp, the dealer said there getting 2 in march, but they dont have the pricing from polaris yet but as soon as they got it theyd let me know ..ive known them for yrs an they assured me id get 1 of them

im having trouble understanding why we couldnt talk price and get it wrapped up i dont care if i have to wait until april or may...ny weather is crap right now... they said they dont recieve pricing til they recieve there shipment.... any dealers or guys know exactly what could be going on?
I didn't read the whole thread so this may have already been said. They know the price or they are to lazy to check. I sell cars, but I can tell you what I would do if I was the atv dealer. I would tell you that I'd reserve one of them for you and call you when it gets in, and we can work out a deal when it arrives. If we can't agree on a price, no hard feelings. As a dealer I know that you will probably pay more for it after test driving it. As a matter of fact I'd probably negotiate the deal w/ both of us sitting in it!! The purpose of course is to make it an emotional decision. Since it's not here and you can't touch it, it's just a commodity that you want to buy at the lowest possible price.

I'm guessing that's the plan, though to say what they said is just dumb, makes them look bad.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
As a dealer I know that you will probably pay more for it after test driving it.....
interesting point.
Consciously or not I never drive the car first. I have always negotiated sale price to. It's like I threw ice water on them!

Friday when I took XP delivery the dealer came downstairs. He agreed to let me take the plastics and cage off.
He wanted to start selling Pure Polaris accessories but I already had it torn down.
His tech was installing the winch and said "Mark aint sat in it or started it." that's some ice water! He just went back upstairs!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have no idea why they would not want to sell to me, i didnt negotiate price yet or mention doing so, they dont testride and i know there not pulling a sales tactic, i think they may not be getting one and are keeping me on the line in case they do...im going to call some other dealers around tomorrow and see what they tell me

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I would find another dealer, my opinion. I am curently deployed and working a deal with a place out of eastern NC. The dealer is telling me to wait until March 1 to see the new rebates. I am not in a hurry to buy, just doing alot of research on here and looking for the best price I can find. Ain't Everyone!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i called 2 more dealers both said theyll take pre order, 1 dealer is getting 1, the other dealer is getting 2 le's and 1 red, said hed knock 300 off on either and i could come square up and do the paperwork whenever.....ive had a relationship with the other dealer for over 10 yrs...i believe all they could be doing is holding out trying to get me a lower price or praying they can get a xp since im interested

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
i called 2 more dealers both said theyll take pre order, 1 dealer is getting 1, the other dealer is getting 2 le's and 1 red, said hed knock 300 off on either and i could come square up and do the paperwork whenever.....ive had a relationship with the other dealer for over 10 yrs...i believe all they could be doing is holding out trying to get me a lower price or praying they can get a xp since im interested
I'm all for good working relationships.
Some days I'm the customer, they are the vendor.
Some days I'm the vendor, they are the customer.
Seems whatever hat I'm wearing each day I approach each the same and they seem to go the same.

No one taught me the rules of a customer vendor relationship but generally it's supposed to fall back on who has the wallet.

Are you able to go in, sit down and openly talk to him about it?
If it's that bad call ahead to say you want to come in and talk over it.
I think that's what good men do.
Try it and I see a good resolve in your future.

Hard to assess just what exactly is the problem in a short thread.
We don't know your real story or the dealers side.

Report back, give more details if possible.
Probably everyone on Forum wants to hear a good resolve. Good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts