Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anybody had any experience running a pre filter setup? Currently looking at the desertcraft setup. I would keep the Donaldson with outerwear and run the prefilter with another outerwear. I would love to go with the particle separator, but don’t want to take up the room in back and if I mounted on the roof it wouldn’t fit in trailer. I ride in some extreme dusty situations and would like to have some extra filtration. Also, they have a pre filter for the cvt but, I am a little worried about excessive heat build up due to reduced flow. Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Adventure Kings makes a side draft intake for the s&b particle separator that mounts on the fender like the factory does. I don’t see it on their website but they have it in their Instagram account

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a really cool design. I think I’m going to give the prefilter a try for now, possibly switch over to that eventually if the design pans out. Still trying to decide on the cvt prefilter or not.
Adventure Kings makes a side draft intake for the s&b particle separator that mounts on the fender like the factory does. I don’t see it on their website but they have it in their Instagram account

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check out the KWT prefilter as well, it requires zero power, just install and go! Pretty badass kit, I have one, just haven’t installed it yet ?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Has anybody had any experience running a pre filter setup? Currently looking at the desertcraft setup. I would keep the Donaldson with outerwear and run the prefilter with another outerwear. I would love to go with the particle separator, but don’t want to take up the room in back and if I mounted on the roof it wouldn’t fit in trailer. I ride in some extreme dusty situations and would like to have some extra filtration. Also, they have a pre filter for the cvt but, I am a little worried about excessive heat build up due to reduced flow. Thanks.
Anytime you add a CVT filter I would recommend adding a blower to compensate for the restriction. Also I believe S&B should have their new particular separator out for the CVT.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did uni filters for mine, works great, 2 days of riding in the desert the inside of my clutch and air box were clean, air filter as well, I lightly oil the inside filter of the 2 stage filter, so far im happy with this set up.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did uni filters for mine, works great, 2 days of riding in the desert the inside of my clutch and air box were clean, air filter as well, I lightly oil the inside filter of the 2 stage filter, so far im happy with this set up.
What size uni Filter did you use and what did you use to mount them. I really like your set up, looks great.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Love the S&B Particle Separator! I mounted it so the top of the separator is level with roof top. I put an extra strap to roof mounting bolts for extra support. You are only supposed to need two inches of space in front of intake of separator. I have a rear glass and there is more than enough space with this set-up.

We just came back from AZ. a couple weeks ago and put 650 miles on it. Checked air filter and it looks like new, only a hint of dust in the air box. Got to be the best accessory l have ever purchased.(y)(y)

l forgot to add; mounting the separator this way there is surprisingly very little rear sight blockage. Only the drop down exhaust port shows in the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What size uni Filter did you use and what did you use to mount them. I really like your set up, looks great.
I used a 6'' tall, 4-1/2 '' round and the neck is 3-1/2 outside diam. 3'' inside diam, the neck of the uni filter slides into the top of the air intake tube, clamp it down your done...

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I have the desert craft clutch pre-filter and the desert craft Clutch blower with a filter on my Turbo S. Just adding the pre-filter will keep your clutch clean and it doesn't restrict flow at all. I added the clutch blower in an attempt to lower my belt temperature. It works and is an easy installation. I have it wired in with my S&B particle separator so they come on together. I have noticed lower belt temps since I added the blower. Here is a picture of my setup.
4.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts