Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is ready for the racing to pick back up? I hope your machines are in better shape then mine. We rode the crap out of it this summer and it needs a little work to be ready for Powerline Park.:redrzr:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'll be there!

I've been getting ready.
New cage and bumpers.
New beadlock wheels, I haven't finished my first 2 races because the front tires came off of my old wheels.

I just want to finish. I would finish if I would drive a little slower, but it is hard to keep yourself restrained once the race starts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Powerline Park has one of the best layouts of the gnccracing utv series. Its tight but fast plenty of lines for passing. One of my favorites for sure. You have to go slow to go fast. That's one of the hardest lessons to learn when off-road racing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the third season I have been running stock rims. I haven't had any problems with them. I had a bead pop off in Georgia this season, but I run tire balls so I didn't even know till the race was over. Tire balls are a worth while investment if you are going to race. If you don't mind the drive the Ironman gncc is one heck of an event. The track is first class. It really tests out the machine and driver skill. I battled hard with another open limeted machine for the lead almost the whole race. I ended up with the win in the end. I got the overall win also, but I didn't find out till a few days latter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I race the open limited class with a 09 RZR. It has a FMF pipe, tire balls, Dragon fire four point harness , HOLZ Racing sprag carrier, and a tractor supply winch. Other then that its stock.

·
Registered
505 Posts
ohio is usually smooth n dusty roots more than rocks usually really fast. ill be there deffinately hoping for another #1 overall. look for me guys i pulled another color change lol im yellow and lime green now haha

·
Registered
208 Posts
Dumb question but what are tire balls? Does it affect high speed control?Is it the same as putting lead shot in rock crawling tires.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Tire balls r oval balls inserted into ur tire to provent u from getting flats even if ur tire comes off the bead an no they dont affect the speed at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tire balls are very effective. They add tons of conference to your ridding. Even at rocky tracks like mountain ridge pa, I could go full gas on the straights just avoiding the suspension killers. They don't weigh very much at all.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Leaving in the morning. I'll see you guys there. My machine is read plastic with a yellow cage. There will be a group of about 6 of us. I'm the only one running Limited class.

I added full doors last week. I had them wrapped, the guy totally screwed up the colors. The red looks pink and the flat black bottom is flat grey. He is going to fix it when I get back. I just wish he would have done a good job the first time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bio, what happened dude? I was hopping for epic battle with you at the front of the pack. Oh well we got ironman to Duke it it out. Lol

·
Registered
505 Posts
trust me i would have loved to have got to duke it out with u up front. but the day went sour for me fast, i got to the line late so i had to line up far outside. i got a good jump and then the first turn killed me cuz everyone was inside of me. i got into the woods 5th n got held up a bit n then 2 other drivers got around us. then going into the big mudhole there was a machine stuck in what looked to me like the only line that was good at the time. so i followed the guy infront of me n went left. BADDDDDD idea was stuck for about 8 mins before finally convincing a someone to help get it out with a quad. i got out and it just would not rev right it would rev then bog then stick. so come to find out i saturated my air filter and sucked mud into the motor. so in getting ready to head to my garage n tear the motor down i ran my borescope into it last night n it dident look pretty. but i guess this may give me a excuse to get a nice ported head lol. but i will be at the ironman so i hope we can battle it out there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey fleming, sounds like your race went like mine. First the clutch locked up (when we went in the woods and you were behind me and i stopped in the middle of the track because it wouldnt move) then i broke a spring on front shock, then on the second lap i lost power steering with a 2-1 ratio quick steer, then on the third lap i decided to hit a tree and brake the tie rod in 2 places. So i went from third to 23, I love spending lots of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you boys in indy!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts