Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you guys that have used the 900 with and without power steering is it worth the extra money?

I think we are close to buying a 900 and just want to do it right the first time unless its really not worth the $. That money could go for doors, roof, winch etc.

My wife may be driving this thing some and it just got me thinking about it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Do it and don't look back. You will be happy. And so will your wife.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Had a 11 900 without it buying a 12 900 with it . You ride a 100 miles in a day it pays for itself.....:ride::ride::ride:

·
Registered
434 Posts
We've got 3 XP's in my group. 1-2011 and 2-2012 no power steering. One of the drivers is a 100 LB woman. Its not bad at all without it. It is best to drive with both hands on wheel. However I might opt for it on my next XP.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
All I know is going downhill with big rocks in the xp4 without power steering is not only tiring it is sometimes dangerous. Uphill and fast running I don't even notice. When all the weight is on the front and going through large rocks it will rip the wheel out of your hands unexpectedly.
Powersteering is on it's way now. I wish I would have purchased the LE version that came with it!
I drove an 09 S for many years with no powersteering and it was never an issue just as an FYI.

·
Registered
434 Posts
All I know is going downhill with big rocks in the xp4 without power steering is not only tiring it is sometimes dangerous. Uphill and fast running I don't even notice. When all the weight is on the front and going through large rocks it will rip the wheel out of your hands unexpectedly.
Powersteering is on it's way now. I wish I would have purchased the LE version that came with it!
I drove an 09 S for many years with no powersteering and it was never an issue just as an FYI.
Good point on the rocks. We ride desert and dunes mostly. Not much in the way of rocks. Terrain has alot to do with it. I did a ride to Crown King AZ earlier this year and almost ripped my thumb off.

·
Registered
882 Posts
My 2012 (which already had the updated steering geometry) did not come with EPS but I added the Pure Polaris EPS and it is ABSOLUTLY the best money I have spent out of all of my accessories and I wish I'd gotten it sooner. Worth every penny and then some and just pays for itself with every ride no matter what kind of terrain we're riding on.

·
Registered
120 Posts
my buddy has a 2011 xp without it that i have drove. i just bought my 2012 last week and i went with the eps and its the greatest thing, we ride nothing but really rocky area. im really happy with it.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Get it now------ I have an 11 XP and EPS will be my next purchase....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well worth the money. I bought mine later and it should have been the first accessory I purchased.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts