Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Just kidding!
10,757 Posts
Just trust that you didnt waist you money becuase you will never be able to feel how much harder it would be to steer!lol

·
AZ Pete
343 Posts
I like mine.

·
Golden Sand Dunes
85 Posts
you dont need it

·
Registered
284 Posts
Most poeple that say you don't need it are people that have not drove one with PS. I was one of those folks but now have PS on 2 machine's. Sweet!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Had mine for two months now and no problems:ride:, at the sand dunes in tight turns this system really shines. Haven't bashed a rock or root to test the "kick-back" :scared2:that EPS is said to help with. Now I wish that they made EPS for my Honda Rincon 4x4, but the Honda brain trust feel that there top of the line 4x4 model isn't worthy of EPS...go figure as all the other 4x4 OEM offer it on there top of the line 4x4...guess Honda knows something that all the other OEM's don't???:rm_thumbdown:

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Had mine for two months now and no problems:ride:, at the sand dunes in tight turns this system really shines. Haven't bashed a rock or root to test the "kick-back" :scared2:that EPS is said to help with. Now I wish that they made EPS for my Honda Rincon 4x4, but the Honda brain trust feel that there top of the line 4x4 model isn't worthy of EPS...go figure as all the other 4x4 OEM offer it on there top of the line 4x4...guess Honda knows something that all the other OEM's don't???:rm_thumbdown:
EPS on an ATV is one of the best options I've noticed. Said this in an earlier thread, but I wouldn't own another ATV without EPS. It's that good.....Different forces on the ATV rider compared to RZR, but ultimately it about keep the "wheel" in your hand. Big difference in available energy levels at the end of the day (on long rides) between those that have, and have-not. -I'm not old or weak, it just that 6 or 7 hours of constant beating takes its toll on your arms and shoulders if you're a weekend only rider, like myself. Gotta think it's similar situation with an RZR....especially if your rides/drives are very technical.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Power steering on a RZR is kind of like having a woman. You don't always need it but some times they come in handy.
Heck, Compared to a woman my electric power steering was CHEAP! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

·
Golden Sand Dunes
85 Posts
you dont need it
If you keep the small stock front tires and wheels.As soon as you change the offset it will be a different story!
defensively there will be difference between stock and after market power steering, but do i really need it at this stage?? usually i don't change parts till i destroy the stock one :popcorn:

moreover most o the reviews a have read for folks using it is "better handling" but what is that exactly mean? :ride:

Power steering on a RZR is kind of like having a woman. You don't always need it but some times they come in handy.
power steering uses 12v, but women x10, you might need bigger battery :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

·
Grandpa
755 Posts
If you don't want to spend the $ to buy power steering, you'd better not ever drive one with it. Love mine!

G

·
you dont need it
You don't need that SuperATV Steering Wheel and shift knob either do you?:rofl3:

Just messing with ya...but I love this type of response when power steering comes up...many things we buy for these machines we don't NEED..hell most of us don't NEED the machine itself...we WANT them..and I will tell you I WANT power steering..ride with it and you will too(unless maybe you just ride higher speeds 99% of the time). In technical terrain, PS a good suspension and good tires are your 3 best friends IMO...and it isn't just the easier steering that makes it worth having..to me it is the kickback reduction...no getting the wheel snatched around by obstacles...that is really why I want it..

·
Boats and ***s
3,184 Posts
where is the eps available?
Unisteer makes the only aftermarket unit I am aware of..."Electrasteer"
Matt at ATVOutfitters(supporting vendor) has the best advertised pricing I have seen. $869 shipped.

Hope the link is ok since he is a supporting vendor...

ATV Parts ATV Tires ATV Wheels ATV Accessories: Electra Steer Power Steering Conversion Kit for UTV's
thas, looks cool. kinda interested to see hopw well it works in person

·
Golden Sand Dunes
85 Posts
If you don't want to spend the $ to buy power steering, you'd better not ever drive one with it. Love mine!
i can see you really love yours, and i didnt say i wonnot buy ps, but not now specially when the stock one is working fine :ride:

you dont need it
You don't need that SuperATV Steering Wheel and shift knob either do you?:rofl3:

Just messing with ya...but I love this type of response when power steering comes up...many things we buy for these machines we don't NEED..hell most of us don't NEED the machine itself...we WANT them..and I will tell you I WANT power steering..ride with it and you will too(unless maybe you just ride higher speeds 99% of the time). In technical terrain, PS a good suspension and good tires are your 3 best friends IMO...and it isn't just the easier steering that makes it worth having..to me it is the kickback reduction...no getting the wheel snatched around by obstacles...that is really why I want it..
DON'T MISUSE MY SIGNATURE :rollfinger: superatv steering wheel is the first thing i bought for my RZR and i regretted, it bents so easily then i decided not to buy a thing unless i really need it. you may spend $$$ bux for your RZR and still FEEL its not enough. can you imagine how much you might need for PS, suspension tires and A performance kit?? :drive1:

if some one can tell me in details what is the difference in driving between stock and the one with ps? so i might change my opinion.

by the way i had a talk with my dealer about polaris LT and he mentioned that kit comes with its PS, and i was arguing with him to reduce the kit price by canceling the PS :) just thinking.

G

·
if some one can tell me in details what is the difference in driving between stock and the one with ps? so i might change my opinion.
by the way i had a talk with my dealer about polaris LT and he mentioned that kit comes with its PS, and i was arguing with him to reduce the kit price by canceling the PS :) just thinking.
Someone may..but it won't be me..I am not a salesman. I despise those "convince me to do/buy xyz" threads..
You don't want it great...don't buy it..but at the same time why even chime in and tell people they don't need it? Of course they don't need it..very few things we truly need..O2,sleep,H20,grub and maybe shelter. :)

And hey..i isyour signature..how did I misuse it...I would assume you would be proud of those things that you list in your signature..guess that was the wrong assumption..my bad.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts