Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was loooking at power steering for my 2009 RZR . Would you spend the money? And witch one do you have or would you buy? thanks

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I just installed the ez-steer kit on my walker evans with 1.5 spacers and aftermarket wheels and I can't believe how much better it is. Wish I had done it as my first mod.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey Goose2222 and 600micr9 did either of you hook up the speed sensor wire and if so did it work correctly for you/ Thanks Kid...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I can't tell you if mine is hooked up or not. I just plugged in all the wiring the way they say to. It never said much about it in the instructions. My steering does get firmer at higher speeds so I am thinking it is wired in some how. The whole system works great. Can't wait to use it plowing snow. Should be worth it's weight in gold plowing.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I installed the Super ATV EZ Steer unit this summer. It makes a huge improvement at low speeds sawing through tight treed trails or bumpy, rocky trails. It also eliminates the occasional wrenching of the steering wheel when a wheel hits a large rock or stump. It was pretty much a necessity for my diminutive wife to be able to drive this machine as she had a tough time in the slow stuff. For me it makes the driving one-handed and much less fatiguing.

I tried connecting the high speed sensor to the transmission wire as the instructions said (sort of... they didn't actually list the correct wire color for my 2012). It would immediately kill the EPS as soon as I started moving. I called SATV and they recommended not even using this for a side-by-side so it's disconnected. I think that I would like a bit more road feel at higher speeds as it sort of feels disconnected like driving a video game. Other than the feel though I think EPS is the way to go if you do any tight trail or rock riding.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Oh, that's not good. I was going to go the ex steer way but not if it is not speed sensitive.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well it does have the capability of being speed sensitive. I just didn't pursue which transmission wire you need to splice into on my 2012 standard 800. Give SATV a call and ask them.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have a unisteer power steering unit on mine and love it. I noticed the biggest difference while rock crawling. At the end of a long day of riding, you feel thw biggest difference.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I went ahead with the EZ steer and it is no longer speed sensitive. The blue wire was still in the harness. So I called these folks and they confirmed that this is no longer an option, heck they didn't even know that the blue wire was still in there. So which wire do you spice into? I am going to give it a try.
It works pretty good though as is. Just gets a little "loose" at high speed.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

·
6,705 Posts
Definitely one of the best upgrades money can buy for these machines. If you are interested in our EZ-Steer unit or have any questions feel free to PM me and i'll get you hooked up with a deal you cannot refuse. :ride:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I took my new ez steer out this past weekend to Uwharrie where it is very rocky. It felt like I was driving on a cloud all day. I never felt the first kick back thru the wheel. By far the best money i have spent on my rzr and I feel will improve safety not having to worry about the tires grabbing a rut and pulling me off my line. Thanks again to the guys at super atv for a great unit that is priced well.
Jody

·
Registered
501 Posts
It felt like I was driving on a cloud all day. I never felt the first kick back thru the wheel. By far the best money i have spent on my rzr and I feel will improve safety not having to worry about the tires grabbing a rut and pulling me off my line.
Jody

One of the best descriptions I have seen on the benefit of having PS on a RZR. Well said.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Not the MOST expensive mod I have gone with thus far, but maybe the nicest mod I have gone with thus far..

·
Registered
519 Posts
Been tossing around the idea of adding power steering to my 2009 800 but worry about the lack of feedback at high speeds. I've never felt like ive needed power steering at the dunes but we do take trips to other places where the terrain is very ruff and rocky and the trails are tight. Thats when I want power steering. Can anyone give feedback as far as high speed steering wheel feedback?

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Feedback? You don't need no stinking feedback!

There is no feedback, either slow rock crawling or running down the highway at full throttle, it steers just like a modern car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts