Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok after connecting the wires to the engine and messing around looking at the computer screen im at lose. what to do next any help would be great i'm using this on a rzr 2010 walker evens edition so basic rzr . also do i need to unplug the ecu?? also it seems that the pc5 is loaded with a rzr -s map .

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
For the PC5 no need to disconnect the ECU, there is a TPS set of connectors and two sets for the Fuel Injectors.
Other than that a power and ground wire to install.
I put a fuse inline with the power feed use a keyed source for power.
I would suggest the Auto-Tune feature be added as it makes the setup self controlling.
I ran the USB cord up between the seat to make the laptop easy to plug in to the PC5.
The best place to install the PC5 is below the ECU where the Volt Regulator was on 08 units.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it came with a ground wire but didnt see a power cable, even in the instructions didnt mention anything about a power cable just the ground. could you post some pics of your setup. also after all this wiring on the computer what did you do to setup the map and stuff?

·
Registered
559 Posts
The wire that comes out of the harness with the black ground on the auto tune is the power wire. I checked for power with the key on and found that the red and yellow wire going into the brake light harness was the only wire that had power. This is the wire i tapped into. I think i have the hook up right, but i am not getting an a/f reading. What could be the problem?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Its 000 but i think i found the problem. I had used the plug from the pcv to plug the extra hole in the auto tune. I should have used the plug that came in the auto tune kit. Thanks to quadnkev i realized the mistake i had made. thanks kevin. The instructions dont really mention anything about the plug so i just thought it would be cleaner to use the rubber plug that i removed from the pcv to plug in the auto tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts